'07 engine mule spotted

jwfisher

Banned
The Ford world as we know it will soon come to an end... here's a spy picture of what is obviously a Ford test mule going up 94 the other day. The badge on the trunklid denotes a previously unknown secret project for a high-revving future engine...

IMG_0335.JPG

PhantomGT

Established Member
Chrome Trim around the Wheel Wells? Do you really think SVT would be so flashy about this car?

jwfisher

Banned
Ah, so we have some doubters out there. Heres another picture - the engineer is apparently heading up to Milan later in the day for a few test runs.

Note the cunning disguise - instead of the usual black vinyl cover that alerts the press to a mule or pre-production prototype, this mule (synonym for jackass) was built on a '94 body and is disguised with decals clearly indicating that Ford's new skunkworks group is involved. Note too the single exhaust system (obviously not designed for this car, it's obviously an indication of something like an exotic suspension lurking underneath), non-standard rear spoiler (obviously designed for something like the '05 with a flatter trunklid), and blacked out rear side window (to cover up stuff the public isn't suppossed to see). The chromed wheel well flares cleaverly speaks to the target demographic.

IMG_0336.JPG

Last edited:

begone

Established Member
You Basterd!! That's my car. I should have run you off the road when I saw you taking pictures....D1ck! :p

Whiskey City

Established Member
Originally posted by crispy23c
WC, I am laughing @ your laughter. BTW, I will vote for "Bush" when I see it!
PS, didn't anyone notice the ultra light hyper-alloy wheels?!?! What kind of spys are you???

Don't forget the paint job. That's FMC's new Mystichrome II color scheme. See, in some places, it's green. In other placed, it's "Fire" colored. If you look real close, and the light is just right, you can sometimes see a skull. That's a design feature and it costs extra.

jwfisher

Banned
It's a mule demonstrating features of a future model of the Mustang; you can't get these yet and obviously if built it will be on an S197 platform.

Market planners evaluate market trends in exacting detail and prepare prototypes of what they believe everyone will be driving in a few years. To save money, they often build these prototypes underneath unusued obsolete bodyshells that would otherwise be junked. This is for convenience... this car may well have been used for some prior prototype or mule before it was transformed to this. Who knows, it may well have been a Super Stallion or BOSS 604 before this...?

Good point about the alloy wheels... exotic suspensions require very light weight wheels to be optimal. Those wheels in my pictures are so light you can almost.... see right thru them!

I just drove by the building earlier today where the Mustang marketing folks reside... and I scored another spy picture I'll post next. This one was also some sort of mule (donkey), I noticed it right away because it was built on a Redfire Cobra bodyshell like mine. Who knows, they may have some further mules or prototypes for other future markets that we can photograph too... anybody else heading up there anytime soon?

BTW, my dealer explained to me how all this super-secret protype and mule stuff works... he looked at my pictures above and claims it's a 2006 "Southern California Special" model we aren't suppossed to know anything about yet. Furthermore, he says that because California is so much bigger now than it was in the 60s, that the northern and southern parts of that state will each get their own special model then. He heard all this on the sly from the car transport driver who goes thru Dearborn all the time on his way to/from Flat Rock.

So, apparently, because my dealer always knows what's going on, this is the mule car for the first special edition model to come out in the 2006 model year. We can forget about a Bullit or Mach for a while, apparently.

more later...

Last edited:

jwfisher

Banned
crunk.jpg

Caught this today in Ford's parking lot... an easy catch given the bright red paint. Ford should have camoflouged this one better!!!

I believe this is a Ford market research planner driving the prototype. He was obviously unhappy with me sneaking a spy photo. He yelled something at me but it was unintelligible.

I asked my dealer what this prototype is; he claims it's an early research prototype of the 2007 "Mustang USB" - a special edition targeting urban consumers. Obviously, this will be built on an S197 chassis when it finally comes out.

Ford is so smart to capitalize on these popular trends!

I believe that under this body lies an S197 chassis - note the longer wheelbase and much wider track. Also the large 20" wheels that will be common on S197s in the next few years.

My dealer offered to take my money on a downpayment for one, he only wanted 2 thousand down, but I thanked him and declined. I'm holding out for the rumored King Ranch Mustang I read about in the new issue of Horse & Rider Magazine. My feed dealer told me all about it.

Last edited:

redz_02

Established Member
Hey Blu-Blz 03Snake where you from in texas, that girl pictured next to your car looks familiar, looks just like my friend lindsay.

Where can i get me some of those prototype fenders? and i would probably crap my pants if i saw pdiddy driving around in san Andrreas, probably be my first car jacking.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread