07 Shelby

1loudGT

Established Member
OK this has probably been asked 1000 times. Does anybody know what the sticker price is suppose to be on the 07 shelby??? Ive heard 2 different things. 1. I heard they are suppose to go around 35-36k. 2. I have heard they are suppose to go for 50k+ what is the dealio on these things??? if they are going for 35 or so then im gonna put my name on the waiting list which by the way is at 72 at my local ford dealership. thanks to all who reply to this post.

James

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
It's got to be 45+ here, at least when they first hit the floor. The mystic 04 sold here for 53k!!! UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE!!!

NJ 03 GT

Established Member
I actully signed up yesterday... name is now on the waiting list. i was told 40-45 maybe more. This is what Ford told me yesterday. But they said it may change. Also should be release in Dec. 2006 but again Should..

1loudGT

Established Member
im sure liking this 40 number a lot more then 50. The local dealership told me they dont mark up the cars. BULLSHYT when the 03 cobras came out they were marking them up to 45k dollars. i just laughed at them when they said that. Oh well as the time grows nearer i will put my name down. Money talks and a shelby should be in my driveway :)

ralphy1798

Established Member
FYI-

It is illegal for any dealership to take "pre-order" requests until the actual MSRP is known :read:

and the MSRP is not known yet.

Jeff

760-MPH

Established Member
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know we will have concrete info from ford on pricing?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
760-MPH said:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know we will have concrete info from ford on pricing?

It's going to be awhile dude. I'm not sure, but it's not going to be at least for a few months, most likely winter at the earliest.

tvguy

I guess if you have to be the "first" to have one, plan on paying some serious cash. But if you can wait, you'll get one for FAR less. Used of course. History HAS shown this. Look at the 03 Cobra for example. When they FIRST came out they were MSRP $34,750. Maybe some paid that, but most who wanted it bad enough paid thousands more. Mach 1's the exact same thing. We all know the hype was incredible for these cars. But that DOES die down. It did with the 03/04's and Mach1's it WILL with the 06/07's. Especially if you find someone that is stretched when buying one. And that happens all of the time. When I started looking for my 03 Cobra, I almost bought a used Sonic Blue with 400 miles. The guy didn't have it for even a month and HAD to sell. Paid $36K (BEFORE taxes) I believe and sold it for $28.5. This is typical. That's a tad less than $8K less than what he paid new, less than 5 weeks earlier. I don't want to hear this "it's a Shelby, therefore it's a collectable" crap. If they sell more than 5000, that goes out the window. So patience will give you a 06/07 Shelby at a great price. Like I said history has shown this again and again. No difference here. Good luck.
pacotaco

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
pacotaco said:
I guess if you have to be the "first" to have one, plan on paying some serious cash. But if you can wait, you'll get one for FAR less. Used of course. History HAS shown this. Look at the 03 Cobra for example. When they FIRST came out they were MSRP $34,750. Maybe some paid that, but most who wanted it bad enough paid thousands more. Mach 1's the exact same thing. We all know the hype was incredible for these cars. But that DOES die down. It did with the 03/04's and Mach1's it WILL with the 06/07's. Especially if you find someone that is stretched when buying one. And that happens all of the time. When I started looking for my 03 Cobra, I almost bought a used Sonic Blue with 400 miles. The guy didn't have it for even a month and HAD to sell. Paid $36K (BEFORE taxes) I believe and sold it for $28.5. This is typical. That's a tad less than $8K less than what he paid new, less than 5 weeks earlier. I don't want to hear this "it's a Shelby, therefore it's a collectable" crap. If they sell more than 5000, that goes out the window. So patience will give you a 06/07 Shelby at a great price. Like I said history has shown this again and again. No difference here. Good luck.
pacotaco

You better believe it.

I bought my old 03 Azure Blue Mach1 brand new with 15 miles on it for 23.5K out the door.

I paid $1000 under MSRP for the Cobra.

Dave07997S

Established Member
When BMW released the M3 in 2001 the wait to get one ordered to your spec was almost a year. However dealers started selling ordered cars and got extra allocations and you had a bidding war going on. A 55K car was selling for 20k over sticker. Bevery Hills BMW was selling a demo car (the car test drives were to be given in) the first Laguna Seca Blue cars for $78K!! :eek: What kills me is they got it, that car was gone in just a few days.

I sold my 98 Cobra and was carless waiting for a M3. The original dealer promised me MSRP, but I noticed I kept getting bumped down the list as they were selling the cars coming in at a premium. I wanted to sue them...anyway.

I called around and found a dealer some 70 miles away who had the exact same car that was coming in and the original orderer decided on a black one (this one was Imola Red). That I can have the car for $4k over sticker....I did it. However, when I signed the lease agreement I noticed they calculated my State Usage Tax as a $1.87 per month when it should have been like $89 per month, I signed it and thought for sure they would catch it but to my blessing they didn't. When you consider $89.00 X 36 mos is $3204 over 3 years and the fact they threw in a CD Changer (hard to believe a $60K car doesn't have a CD changer, welcome to BMW's and Porsches) which cost dealer installed at $800.00 I actually came out of there darn near MSRP.

Of course about 10 mos. into the lease I get a letter from BMW Financial Service stating that my State Usage Tax is being raised to $89.00 per month and that my residual is being increased the amount of the State Tax that has been deferred for the past 10 mos. I contacted the dealership that they either honor their contract with me with the original contracted amount or they can have the car back and that I wan't my cap reduction ($2k) back, we had a contract...I got a phone call back in 30 minutes and they basically told me they were eating it... :D One of the few times I actually came out ahead in something like this...

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread