07 sti, 6liter gto, 00 ws6.

slowGT2k

Established Member
Mind you that all these cars were stock.

I raced the 07 sti about a week ago same time as the 6 liter GTO.

the 07 sti, he got a great AWD launch, but guess what, with a little practice and slippage of the clutch i was behind by a fender off the line.:pepper: I ran him down way before the quarter, and put a car on him

The 06 GTO (the 6liter) i raced from a dig, put about 2 cars off the line on him, he pulled 1/2 to 1 car back on me but couldnt pass me. So i got him by the quarter mile. Thats how we roll around here (we have them measured out 1320

the 00 ws6, i got him off the line by 3 or 4 cars and only beat him by 2 nothing to fancy just enough. It was cool

But i did race an 01 ws6 with full exhaust (headers, midpipe,catback) and he chased me down in the quarter mile)

And i did all of this in my lowly mustang gt 00, with just intake and exhaust. at 4000ft elevation :)....

slowGT2k

Established Member
RedRocketMike said:
Nice man, what kind of DR's do you run?

Nitto 555r and sometimes mickey thompsons.

So on an automatic gto its driver mod?:rollseyes

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
stroker22 said:
driver mod.........

+1 on that. I would really like to see some vids of these runs or you running those cars again. I understand that anything can happen on the street or track thats why I won't raise the BS flag but...... wow. All of those cars you just listed put down nothing less than 300 RWHP except the STI. With you're mods you're putting down maybe 240... But good kills none the less :thumbsup:

lilbuddy1587

Banned
slowGT2k said:
Nitto 555r and sometimes mickey thompsons.

So on an automatic gto its driver mod?:rollseyes

You honestly think your pile is fast? I for one think all of your stories are bullshit. I have NEVER had a problem running down a mild modded GT. You dont even have gears for christs sake.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
lilbuddy1587 said:
You honestly think your pile is fast? I for one think all of your stories are bullshit. I have NEVER had a problem running down a mild modded GT. You dont even have gears for christs sake.

Yeah that’s what I'm saying. I was trying to be nice and give him the benefit of the doubt and all but its really hard to believe. I have seen some LSx powerd cars trap and clock some amazing MPH and times. A bolt-on 99-04 GT...not really. A blown/nitrous GT... diffrent story

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member
Anything can happen on the streets.......but i really doubt these kills. The GTO and WS6 both should trap a nice amount more than you. I can see you edging out the STi but i dont know if i believe the other two kills.

I would also like to see vids of these runs.

Klay

Established Member
I have a hard time believing it as well. Not that it is impossible it could happen but very improbable considering your limited amount of mods. Maybe if you had a few more mods including gears it would be a bit more believable. Although, you did say you got most of the cars off line by a good margin so they would be playing catch up for most of the 1/4.

runsonboost

Established Member
i can easily see the STi kill, iv killed a ton of those guys when i had my GT with intake exhaust, no sway and DR's. but the GTO is a little quicker the only time i raced one was at the track. we were pretty even for a while, i got him 8th by a 10th, but he came back on me it was my 13.3@104 to his 13.0@109.
fwiw my 01gt with a K&N, ORX, stock catback did 245rwhp and 280 RWTQ. and my first pass down the 1320 in it was a 13.7@101. stock.

slowGT2k

Established Member
so you guys think all i have is intake and exhaust? what do you guys take that as? come on lets hear it?..

I''m waiting.

Oh and by the way look what my pile did... With horrible traction at sactown. i guess i was lying when i said they were all stock huh?.. guess im a liar with no proof.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
slowGT2k said:
so you guys think all i have is intake and exhaust? what do you guys take that as? come on lets hear it?..

I''m waiting.

slowGT2k said:
And i did all of this in my lowly mustang gt 00, with just intake and exhaust. at 4000ft elevation ....

:shrug:

BayareaSS

Established Member
slowGT2k said:

I''m waiting.

Oh and by the way look what my pile did... With horrible traction at sactown. i guess i was lying when i said they were all stock huh?.. guess im a liar with no proof.
I dont understand what you mean with this post.

All you did is post a time slip of yours that is a 13.8 at 101 which proves the GTO and WS6 should walk all over you!

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
BayareaSS said:
I dont understand what you mean with this post.

All you did is post a time slip of yours that is a 13.8 at 101 which proves the GTO and WS6 should walk all over you!

LOL he's right!!! a vtec civic gives you a good run

Users who are viewing this thread