08 gt500 vs 13 gt500

Joewee500

Established Member
08 gt500 has VMP Stg 2 supercharger, 67mm tb, jlt intake, catless h pipe. The 13 gt500 is bone stock with 6500 miles

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Be46usBCxeo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

I tried to embed the vid from my phone but for whatever reason it wouldn't work. My apologies. Also sorry for the poor quality. Dig run 0-170 and the '13 gt500 up by 1 length.

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
Neither one wanted to let out I guess. Lol. They also did a 50-160 that had the. 08 gt500 up by 1-3 lengths depending on which driver you talk to.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
(guy standing by the truck:) Not only am I gonna stand in the road while cars are racing by at triple digit speeds, but I'm also gonna sandwich myself in the door of my truck. That way if something goes terribly wrong, they have to pick me up in 4 or 5 pieces. Thug life!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
White car was the 08? I responded in the other thread, and unless we have a bad to average driver in the '08 there is no way it shouldn't be putting lengths on a stock 13.

Joewee500

Established Member
(guy standing by the truck:) Not only am I gonna stand in the road while cars are racing by at triple digit speeds, but I'm also gonna sandwich myself in the door of my truck. That way if something goes terribly wrong, they have to pick me up in 4 or 5 pieces. Thug life!

That's was me Haha. Yeah not smart even with 3 lanes and a median between the race cars. Not a good choice but it was spur of the moment. And I wouldn't have been in pieces, I hopped out as they passed by.

White car was the 08? I responded in the other thread, and unless we have a bad to average driver in the '08 there is no way it shouldn't be putting lengths on a stock 13.

08 driver thought he would win too. Both on street tires so after getting pulled 3 lengths from the start he couldn't make up ground.

Last edited:

gearhead08

Established Member
My thought process. When i had a 2.59 pulley on gen 1 tvs with 123 mm jlt intake. I was neck and neck with a stock 13gt500. Now this is a gen 2. With alot of other supporting mods. The 13 should of lost just my opinion. I bet if you are running and email tune..... and its from vmp tuning its probably the same crap tune that was in my car. My car trapped less with more mods. Get a dyno tune. Its worth every penny. Then you dont have to wait months at a time and 4 revisions later and still have no tune that works well... and the vendor stop responding. Well now that i went off track with that rant... good race looks like fun!

musclefan21

Established Member
08 gt500 should ve walked the stock 13. My tvs 11 made 675rwhp in july heat and ran 10.53 in july heat full weight with more left in it. I was a match to bolts on 13s.

Users who are viewing this thread