09 Gt500/ Full Bolt on or go to TVS? Opinions please/Undecided

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Had the usual CAI, Tune, and Pulley done last year and it put down 550/560. Looking to put down some more power . My shop I go to quoted me 4 grand to install 75lb injectors, 10% lower , Mid pipe and long tubes. They then quoted me 6 grand for the TVS installed with the same injectors. I'm torn what would make sense to do first? Btw I have some suspension stuff already, as me and my cousin will e putting that on as well as a Axlback and a dual fan heat exchanger. Should I go straight to the TVS then gradually add the rest of the boltons or should I go bolt ons then eventually swap out the blower? Appreciate the feedback guys, Thanks

nxhappy

Established Member
TVS with a 2.4 and 10% lower, you will make some great power

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I'm in the wrong business...

I did what you got quoted besides headers and lower in two days taking my time.
That's midpipe, injectors, and TVS. All very easy.

08 Shelby ND

Established Member
Do not give that shop a single dollar! 6k for a tvs install? I just did that swap with a couple other things in a single stall garage by myself. spent a total of 5 hours and thats with messing around. They have great write ups on the VMP website step by step instructions. Very easy and you will be pleased to know you did this by yourself.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Swapping to a TVS is nothing more complicated than bolting on a big, heavy carburetor. I have a feeling that once the TVS 2650 hits the street, you'll be able to pick one up for a lot less than $2,000.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Also bear in mind you will not need the 10% with the TVS and a 2.4" upper pulley for pump gas.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I got my TVS used from someone in this thread for less than 2000. I sold it thinking i was going to build a dedicated drag car.

I regret seling that TVS everyday. When i do it over im going used TVS, 56 injectors and upgraded fuel pumps. Youll spend more for a pump booster than just getting way better fuel pumps

1st usa car

Established Member
1st time doing something like this --- I did my tvs - injectors - throttle body - CAI and loaded my tune in 2 1/2hrs in my very normal garage. I didnt rush or anything -- totally took my time, taped and labeled everything.

1st usa car

Established Member
Gen 2 will make about 30whp more if the car has the proper bolt-ons but you can get most of that back if you port the trinity--- Gen2R will obviously make even more but you need to be pushing the blower w/ proper bolt ons to get that... but the OEM trinity TVS is enough to max out a stock fuel system and stock block.

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Great value in the Trinity and even in a VMP TVS unit !!! what is the budget and goals.
How much does a new trinity cost? My goal is 675/700 at the wheels. To me that is plenty for the street. I think the vmp with the throttle body is 3500 I think?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
You'll see a bunch of TVS' for sale when the TVS 2650 hits the market. If your looking to upgrade, wait till then to get a TVS. After a year or two there should be enough initial demand filled that youll see sales on the TVS2650 which then is a great time to pick one of those up and sell the TVS for what you paid.

Our cars arent going away anytime soon and 2nd, 3rd and 4th owners will want to do stuff to their cars that the prior owner didnt do or reverted to stock before they sold the car.

I love GT500s man... I sure do.

1st usa car

Established Member
How much does a new trinity cost? My goal is 675/700 at the wheels. To me that is plenty for the street. I think the vmp with the throttle body is 3500 I think?
I agree that is plenty for the street --- thus, that is/was my goal. I also wanted to stick with pump gas/oem block/no cams or headers. You can reach those goals easily w/ any TVS blower. New trinity cost???no idea but you can buy them from Ford ... but at that cost just get a VMP2 or VMP2R.

Users who are viewing this thread