1/2 mile ocala video

99SSls1

Established Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUww__S5W7Q&feature=youtu.be

Unfortunately this was my only clean run but I will add the others when they upload. You can see how the car was moving on top end with the wind and the loose track. Scary I should have lifted.

Speed was 148.9

Mods 2011 svtpp intake, tune, 2.4, ported m122, ory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z96R8_a8jKU&feature=youtu.be

Missed 5th on this run which is a bad gear to shift to but I didn't want to run it to 6500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC1H8TYWoAs&feature=youtu.be

Got raped by a built ZR1 we were both spinning until part of 3rd then he rips my doors off. Oh and I missed 5th again.

Last edited:

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
I'm surprised they allow 1/2 mile races. I'd think with the trap speeds, there'd be a whole lot of liability and safety issues.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Shit the 5.0 looked every bit as fast as the ZR1! Hopefully this type of racing becomes more popular. As in how a dragstrip is accessible several times a week. Much better than roll racing through traffic.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Good MPH, from what I've gathered. Van went 165(?) on a stock blower with a 2.6 in a MILE. In a 2011 or 2012, I forget now.

Last edited:

99SSls1

Established Member
Shit the 5.0 looked every bit as fast as the ZR1! Hopefully this type of racing becomes more popular. As in how a dragstrip is accessible several times a week. Much better than roll racing through traffic.

Yes some kind of blower on that car but it looked more drag set-up. It did have roush emblems on it. It was hard to compare speeds as the track was very loose and you had to really drive the car to get it going. I was hoping for over 150 but my 3.73's didn't seem to be a good gear and I sucked on the 4-5 shift.

On another note I didn't miss 2nd once, that's a win for me. Plus I drove it there and back with the family.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

5.0 looked like it pulled just as hard if not harder than the ZR1.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
yes some kind of blower on that car but it looked more drag set-up. It did have roush emblems on it. It was hard to compare speeds as the track was very loose and you had to really drive the car to get it going. I was hoping for over 150 but my 3.73's didn't seem to be a good gear and i sucked on the 4-5 shift.

On another note i didn't miss 2nd once, that's a win for me. Plus i drove it there and back with the family.

mgw 2?

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
OP, were you there when the Lambo spin into the retention pond? I was talking with another driver he said the track was really loose at the 1/4 mile mark.

[video=youtube_share;EAx_YAy9RwQ]http://youtu.be/EAx_YAy9RwQ[/video]

99SSls1

Established Member
No I left after the first day. He actually spun out the first day too, look up the car it seems to spin out often. Check out my first video you can actually hear it lose tracking mid third gear and that was with NT05R's on.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Go check out the VMP Tuning Facebook page. Aqua-Boy was pitted right next to us. We've got multiple vids as well as some stills. Freaking hilarious. Just glad nothing was damaged but his pride.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread