1/2 spacers, how many turns for the lugnut

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
I used one inch spacers up front, with integrated studs, I had to shave the stock studs so that they fit with the flush with the spacer, but my problem is that now when I go to put my stock wheels back on, I only get about 5 full turns for the lug nuts... what is safe? if this doesnt work I guess ill have to get 3" studs with a new spacer

P.S. Does anyone know what the spacer should be torqued to, and what the wheels should be torqued to on the spacer?

Thanks for all your help

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am scared to ask, but I will. Why are you using spacers on the fronts?

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Torque to about 94 ft lbs. At least that is what I do.

-Jeff

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
I have 15x4 diamond racing rims with 165/15 vw metrics for the track, so i need spacers to clear the brakes

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
From what I have been reading/ searching it says that 6-7 turns is 'sufficient', but I dont want to be driving and see my wheel rolling past me :??:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
LeftinthedusT said:
I have 15x4 diamond racing rims with 165/15 vw metrics for the track, so i need spacers to clear the brakes

You need to check the NHRA rule book. Are spacers even legal? That would surprise me. I haven't looked at the rule book in quite a while, but at one time, lug bolts were required to extend PAST the edge of the wheel the length of the diameter of the stud. So if you had a 1/2" stud, it had to extend past the wheel 1/2 an inch. Many times you had to use open ended lug nuts to do that. That also made it easier for the tech inspectors to check your studs.

Users who are viewing this thread