1/4 inch wheel spacer on stock studs???

Wraith_2006

Established Member
Ok, so after a search I am wondering if I can safely put a 1/4 inch spacer on stock studs..... anyone????

Wraith_2006

Established Member
so the studs.... did you press them out yourself? or did you have a shop do it?

Shoeman 1

Established Member
I'm running a 3/8 hubcentric with extended lug nuts. They sit deeper into the wheel holes and grab more of the stud. No road or drag racing, just cruzin around and I've had no problems so far.

Wraith_2006

Established Member
yeah I think that I will go with the new lugs, the cobra get used for autox and HPD's so I think that I need to make sure that my stuff is going to stay together....

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Am i missing something? Im running 1-1/4'' hubcentric spacers on stock studs with no problems. Plan on autocrossing with them on as well...

Why would you not be able to run a smaller spacer? Too small for the studs or something?

Also to note. I had 1'' spacers on before hand that were on when i autoxed and had no problem. Now they are on Ciottis car... And he will be autoxing with them on, and if you know him.. Hell put them to the test more than anyone on here thats for sure.
Our friend also has 1'' spacers on his Mach and autoXes....

Ide think youll be fine man.. But why such a small spacer? 1'' puts you right flush with the fenders.. mine, slightly over although one side sticks out further than the other.

Last edited:

Roll Race Rob

Established Member
i think the 1/4 spacer hes reffering to doesnt have the studs on it, its just the washer type spacer so in essence it shortens the studs. i would think youd be fine with the 1/4 spacer and stock studs.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
AHHHHHH ok... yea then that would make sense.. thanks for pointing that out.. wasnt sure if thats what the guy was talking about..

Why not just suck it up and get a hubcentric pair of spacers so you dont have to worry about anything?

And man up.. get 1'' spacers so your tires are flush with your fender.. 1/4'' is pretty useless unless you are just doing it to clean the quadshock or something

luke87gt

Established Member
1/4" spacers are absolutely fine...

As long as you can get 6+ turns of the lug nut, I would not worry about a thing. I am getting >10 turns with my 1/4" spacers and stock studs. Never had a problem.

I ran a 5/16" spacers for years too.

Wraith_2006

Established Member
yeah I replaced the stock quads and I was having some rubbing on the innner fender and on the quad with running 285's on the rears on a 10.5 inch rim........

Users who are viewing this thread