1/4 mile ?

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
Was fortunate to have some time to get the car to Capital last Friday night and got three runs in. Endured the one run every hour and a half congestion. Was a ton of fun though. The only chnage I have from last year is that I have a ported blower. One noticeable difference was that going through the traps, I was all the way through fourth gear, almost having to shift into fifth as opposed to previous years just barely having to shift into fourth before the finish line. My best times dropped to 11.876 (I felt it should have been lower) vs last years 12.015. I am starting to think the stock clutch my be slipping a little..or who knows somethning else. It dynoed at 510 RWHP vs 448 RWHP before the port. Anybody have any ideas about this. Thanks in advance.

TRBO VNM

how long since you had it at the track last? you may just need to get back in the groove and it may take a few trips. I should be running more like 11.50's, but I need to get back into it since it has been almost 2 yrs and learning to launch on 18" DR's.

you may also need to learn to drive again at the track with the new power.

BTW, I got the gaskets. thank you. :beer:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Was fortunate to have some time to get the car to Capital last Friday night and got three runs in. Endured the one run every hour and a half congestion. Was a ton of fun though. The only chnage I have from last year is that I have a ported blower. One noticeable difference was that going through the traps, I was all the way through fourth gear, almost having to shift into fifth as opposed to previous years just barely having to shift into fourth before the finish line. My best times dropped to 11.876 (I felt it should have been lower) vs last years 12.015. I am starting to think the stock clutch my be slipping a little..or who knows somethning else. It dynoed at 510 RWHP vs 448 RWHP before the port. Anybody have any ideas about this. Thanks in advance.

What were your MPH at the 1/8 and 1/4?

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
I've never really been a big track hound so I've never "been in the groove" so to speak. I felt like the car ran great and I shifted okay and launched as well as I ever have pulling 1.682, 1.706 and a 1.799 60 ft. I ran some numbers compared to last year times and they are IDENTICAL from the 60', 330' 1/8 1000' and 1/4. Just thought with more HP I should be quicker especially from say 330' and out as compared to pre-port. If the car is breathing better and all else is the same the numbers should be better. The "all the way through fourth" bothers me the most...seems wierd after barely having to shift into fourth in previous runs...but maybe that is normal.

The MPH at the 1/8th and 1/4 respectiuvely were 93.32 and 119.21.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
What rear gears are you running and OD of rear tires? 119 and about to shift to 5th doesn't sound like 3.55 / 26" combo to me. Maybe 3.73 / 26" or 4.10 / 28".

119 on a ported blower is pretty low as well. How does it come out of the hole, I knew my stock clutch was gone when it would slip almost the whole way through 1st gear on the slicks!

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
The gears are stock at 3.55 running the 17" BFG drag radials. I heated the tires up and then left the line around 2-2500 rpm as the tires never seemed to bite at anything higher in the past. I felt I was leaving the line fairly easy so as not to spin the tires.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Well if its any consilation I can't leave any higher than 3000-3500 on ET streets without spinning the heck out of them. 3.55s with 26" tall ET streets.

And those are pretty decent 60' times with those tires that you are running. What were the MPHs pre port? Do you have a lower? Does it blow through the clutch on the street in higher gears?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yeah, the first time I went to the track after adding a Stage IV port, I went 11.80's as well. Then hit 11.6 next time out, and then 11.5, and so on and so on. Just takes a bit of practice to get these things down the track. Like Jason said, your 60' times are pretty darn good and your shift points are probably contributing to your trap MPH. What are you shifting at?

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
The mph's are practically identical, maybe 1 mph higher from pre-port. The car does have a 4 lb lower but that was on before the port as well. I have not noticed any blowing through the clutch on the street in the higher gears but can't wait to check again...ha. I have been shifting around 5800-6000 rpms. Just regular shifting and no fancy power shifting or whatever it's called. Anyways, I just expected better times, et and mph, with the port putting out 60 more hp than before. The car felt great, just thought better et's and mph were on hand.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I would say that the shift points are you weak point. I pull mine to 6500 and shift to 4th about 1000 feet out!

Users who are viewing this thread