1/4 times in 03

youngster

Established Member
ok my friends father who is a ford fan says that the 2003 cobra cant break out of the 13's stock. He says and very good driver can get low 13's. he says this because in one of motor trends magazines it has the 03 doin a 13.9. he does not believe the 03 can get into the 11's bpu i.e. pullie,chip,exhaust,cai,drs or ets. is there ne way to prove to him what the car can really do??
:bash: :read:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
yes, just tell him to watch this thread.
He'll learn a lot about what a stock and not so stock Cobra is capable of.

Bone stock cars are running at least hi 12's with a practiced driver and basic power ups are in the 11's easily.

I could send him my time slip.
low 11's and still the stock eaton.

Dana

youngster

Established Member
thats wat i figured im doin this cuz i love 03 and my dad owns one and he doesnt think its that fast thanks for the reply

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
uhhh. . .has he been under a rock? He is a ford 'fan' right? Tell him to pick up 5.0mustang or Muscle Mustangs and fast fords and tell him to read any article they have on an 03 cobra. The 03 cobra does 12's stock.

An 01 cobra can even run faster then a 13.9

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Originally posted by youngster
ok my friends father who is a ford fan says that the 2003 cobra cant break out of the 13's stock. He says and very good driver can get low 13's. he says this because in one of motor trends magazines it has the 03 doin a 13.9. he does not believe the 03 can get into the 11's bpu i.e. pullie,chip,exhaust,cai,drs or ets. is there ne way to prove to him what the car can really do??
:bash: :read:

:lol: tell him to look at some of the peoples signatures on this site.....if he thinks we are all lying, A lot of us have video's too.

Dave

swardrn

Established Member
mine was 12.8 at 109 BONE STOCK and I have a video if he wants to see it. I know of 4 03 with pulley exhaust chip and cai in the mod 11s now and if he wants a video of that got one of those too.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
he has on 03 and doesn't belive it?....... tell him if he presses down on the throttle real hard he will hear a whining noise and his boost guage will rise getting these cars into high 12's.... j/k

youngster

Established Member
no no no my dad has an 03 he believes it can b done but my neighbor doesnt believe it. i was wonderin if ne1 had videos of stock doin 12's and the bpu doin 11's.

rezcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
he has on 03 and doesn't belive it?....... tell him if he presses down on the throttle real hard he will hear a whining noise and his boost guage will rise getting these cars into high 12's.... j/k

His dad's friend is the one who doesn't believe!!

BenD

Established Member
High 12's and Low 13's are easy

I've turned 12.97 @ 108 with Nitto Road racing tires, very minor engine mods. And...And...that's at 5800 ft. above sea level with 474 RWHP and uncorrected 369 RWHP.

If I was at sea level I would expect to be in the low 12's or high 11's, especially with drag slicks.

jleews6

Established Member
I ran 12.6 @ almost 114 when my car was dead stock right down to the air in the tires. If he wants to put up some money I will put my car back to 100% stock and show him some mid 12 second time slips.:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread