1 for 2 lastnight

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Coming home lastnight at around 10:30, I'm minding my business on I-69, when this blowoff valve is burning a hole in my ear! The guy's behind me, trying to get me to pass traffic and get into an open stretch. At this point I have no clue what it is, but am willing to oblige. I confidently pass traffic and merge into the slow lane. Up to my left comes a Nissan 240SX turbo. We're slowed to about 50mph when he takes the hit. He slowly gets a 1/2 car jump, when I'm starting to make my move, but couldn't stretch my legs with a car in my lane. I give him the win, as I'd rather not use the "I should have kicked from 2nd instead of 3rd" or "if that car wasn't there I would have pulled him" excuses. So after I slow down, I notice his buddy in another turbo 240SX on his tail. So I follow until the next open stretch. There's one car in front of him when the 2 southbound lanes turns to 3. He moves over to the right most lane, while I'm in the left, and he gets it! This time I'm in a nice power range at 65mph in 3rd gear. I pull a good 2 cars by ~120 when I shut down. They both take their exit and the first guy waves, as I honk to give props for the good runs. :thumbsup:

Mark

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Damn, forgot I had to have a Mustang/V8 to post kill/death stories. :kaboom: Sorry for the waste of bandwidth. :rollseyes

Mark

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Good Kill! those Nissans can suprise you, My Friend had a 300Z he put 25,000 into it including the bottle,the sucker had 480 rwhp. He sold it and bought a Viper.

669love_that_NXT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Duncan_McDougal

V.O.L.V.O Abuser
Established Member
Y2KSVT said:
Coming home lastnight at around 10:30, I'm minding my business on I-69, when this blowoff valve is burning a hole in my ear! The guy's behind me, trying to get me to pass traffic and get into an open stretch. At this point I have no clue what it is, but am willing to oblige. I confidently pass traffic and merge into the slow lane. Up to my left comes a Nissan 240SX turbo. We're slowed to about 50mph when he takes the hit. He slowly gets a 1/2 car jump, when I'm starting to make my move, but couldn't stretch my legs with a car in my lane. I give him the win, as I'd rather not use the "I should have kicked from 2nd instead of 3rd" or "if that car wasn't there I would have pulled him" excuses. So after I slow down, I notice his buddy in another turbo 240SX on his tail. So I follow until the next open stretch. There's one car in front of him when the 2 southbound lanes turns to 3. He moves over to the right most lane, while I'm in the left, and he gets it! This time I'm in a nice power range at 65mph in 3rd gear. I pull a good 2 cars by ~120 when I shut down. They both take their exit and the first guy waves, as I honk to give props for the good runs. :thumbsup:

Mark

Did you spray? What shot you running?

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Duncan_McDougal said:
Did you spray? What shot you running?

That was a N/A run. On the juice it would have been a completely different story. The car pulls really hard with a 100 shot. As an example, I put 2 car lengths on my buddy's 96 Cobra with 3:73's and exhaust from 60-90mph.

As for the Nissans, I've talked to the guy in the black 240SX, and he's got a motor swap and turbo. I'd imagine the red 240SX had a similar setup, running a larger turbo or atleast more boost.

Once I get this nitrous problem figured out, I'll be keeping an eye out for them. :banana:

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread