+1 for Apple Customer Service

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That's pretty nice. The other benefit of Apple is that their operating systems are so much cheaper than Windows versions. It makes it so piracy is much less prevalent. Then again, even with all those benefits, Microsoft still controls ~75% of the operating systems world.

Its cheap because its crap. Its a kiddie OS that is so dumbed down you (the end user) cant possibly **** it up. Its why our IT dept at my current place LOVE OSX because all the ****heads that work there that are PC illiterate dont click on every banner on the internet and get exorbitant amounts of trojans and whatnot. This of course makes it to where people like me go into work and feel like theyre playing on a fisher price toy all day.

3243090_ProductDescription.jpg

snkchmr 1

Every time I call them with a problem they want to sign me up & pay for an Apple care program before they will even talk to me.

03cobrah

Established Member
Ive been using windows 95 since i was a wittle boy. Never really thought much of apple till the computers i owned wouldnt last long even if i was taking good care of it. Bought a mac and never looked back. Im still used to windows a bit and will always go the harder route of figureing things out when apple has pretty much dumbed it down lol.

canibus

Established Member
Hope I have the same luck, we bought a refurbished one on christmas, it's been shutting off randomly. Hope we can get it fixed free or get a replacement.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Is OP the same clown that tried to get his dad to buy a $3k Mac and his dad got a $500 laptop that worked fine but OP tried to screw it up but not knowing how to uninstall/install software properly?

OP is the guy in the family that knows just enough about technology to screw stuff up. Keeps your macs to yourself, enjoy them and leave your family members alone. The don't want to catch your stupid.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Ive been using windows 95 since i was a wittle boy. Never really thought much of apple till the computers i owned wouldnt last long even if i was taking good care of it. Bought a mac and never looked back. Im still used to windows a bit and will always go the harder route of figureing things out when apple has pretty much dumbed it down lol.

So you said you used windows until you realized your computers didn't last long so you got a Mac? So you blame the software and buy hardware to fix? Or are you too embarrassed to say your windows pcs were riddled with viruses because you don't have a basic understanding or common sense on what you should be downloading and installing on your computer or what software will work to protect your idiocy from ruining the computer in the first place. So you bought a Mac so you mathematically eliminate your lack of intelligence effecting the operating system.

Got it

Whatever works for you, fine. But spare us from your reviews/opinion

Last edited:

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
yep, exactly what happened to me. I had the CD but it wouldn't boot from it no matter what I did. tried copying it a thumb drive, wouldn't take either, kept asking for my apple id, which I didn't have .

so your Mac had an issue? But in another post on this thread, you said you ha no issues?

Cool

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
couldn't tell you how dells customer service is. bought a scratch & dent tower + a refurbished 23" monitor from their outlet website(outlet.dell.com), saved a rather large amount of money vs buying it all brand new(a HUGE chunk of cash vs a comparable apple:lol:), and haven't had one single problem on either the hardware or the software end.

so your Mac had an issue? But in another post on this thread, you said you ha no issues?

Cool
yea, that totally sounds like an issue to me. an issue easily solvable if it happened to a windows equipped PC...

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
Hope I have the same luck, we bought a refurbished one on christmas, it's been shutting off randomly. Hope we can get it fixed free or get a replacement.

if it's refurbished, it should have a 90 day warranty on it, unless you bought the extended apple care warranty, but either way they should take care of you.

Cool

no. my mac didn't have an issue. it's setup that way to prevent pirated copies of Lion from being installed.

Lion was never sold on CD, unless it was as an OEM disc sold with a brand new system.

there's only 2 ways you can install Lion as a fresh system install.

you either use the thumb drive you purchased with Lion on it, or you use the recovery partition to get the setup going, then you use your apple id with the account you purchased it from. only I bought my thumb drive used on ebay so I didn't have a purchase from apple id.

Lion won't install from the disc on a fresh system.

When i got the OEM 10.6.3 discs I put them in and the setup went just fine.

trying reading the original post again.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
I think youre full of crap with your pro-Mac threads justifying your purchases to yourself. You'd be fine if you didn't share your stories on here sprinkled with subtle anti-PC garbage and you smug attitude. Other people have noticed it too, thankfully.

Time for bed, I'll attack you more tomorrow

03cobrah

Established Member
So you said you used windows until you realized your computers didn't last long so you got a Mac? So you blame the software and buy hardware to fix? Or are you too embarrassed to say your windows pcs were riddled with viruses because you don't have a basic understanding or common sense on what you should be downloading and installing on your computer or what software will work to protect your idiocy from ruining the computer in the first place. So you bought a Mac so you mathematically eliminate your lack of intelligence effecting the operating system.

Got it

Whatever works for you, fine. But spare us from your reviews/opinion

Negative. That was only part of the reason.ive been playing computer games from duke nukem to star craft and cs ect. Which is the main reason i stuck with pc for so long. That always took upgrading video cards and ram that i myself did. I also was aware of the spyware/adware epidemic that have been plaguing computers since the internet. So stfu before u start jumping to conclusions. I just didnt feel like typing my whole life story on my tablet, since my blutooth keyboard isnt hooked up. I still didnt get to type everything i wanted to say in detail. But im willing to bet u think i used northon or mcafee for virus protection too. I dont really care much for games anymore especially with the lack of innovation microsoft seems to be putting out these days. lol come at me brah :bored:

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
I think youre full of crap with your pro-Mac threads justifying your purchases to yourself. You'd be fine if you didn't share your stories on here sprinkled with subtle anti-PC garbage and you smug attitude. Other people have noticed it too, thankfully.

Time for bed, I'll attack you more tomorrow

I could personally care less about what you think. you're competent enough to click the thread and willingly participate so maybe you can learn to figure it out and not read the thread if you don't like what I have to say because it's just too bad for you.

PC's are garbage, so is the software written for them, they break down constantly, viruses, trojans, spyware, adware, bsod's, error messages, and all that migraine creating bullshit associated with them.

OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive - Apple Store (U.S.)

To upgrade your Mac to OS X Lion, you must be running OS X Snow Leopard. If you have OS X v10.5 Leopard, purchase OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard now and install it on your Mac. Then buy OS X Lion as a digital download from the Mac App Store.

Important Note

When you install OS X Lion using the USB thumb drive, you will not be able to reinstall OS X Lion from Lion Recovery. You will need to use the USB thumb drive to reinstall OS X Lion.

edit: and to uh quote one of your oh so fine threads, maybe you should take your own advice that you so valiantly preach, yet fail to practice, and get the hell out of mine...since you're not a fan and all, not quite sure why you're even in here. :shrug: go listen to blink182 some more. :kaboom:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/803214-new-blink182-album.html
MissionMan said:
first of all, if you are not a fan. why are you in here? move along.

Last edited:

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Ah, i see you took some time to view my post history and the only thing you could come up with is manufacturing some type of "fan based" association to shoo me away from your thread. not gunna happen chief. If you noticed in my thread, I simply said..."if youre not a fan, get lost". This means i'm being striaght forward right out of the gate....

UNLIKE how you present your pro mac babble every now and then with a new thread. Your problem is you dance around the topic smugly and you are not straight forward until someone questions your intentions or lack of knowledge on the subject. hence, where we are right now and you assuming im some anti-mac pro-pc guy. Wrong again tonto, im on my 3rd iphone, my wife has owned 2 and if i had disposable income id snag up an ipad as well. So i'm an unbiased technology enthusiast who sees the good and bad of both sides and get sick of seeing a dink like you trying to prance around the mac/pc debate with your worthless posts. You dont even have the sack to be straight forward with your useless drivel either because youll get called out on it.

Next time you make a mac thread, just be straight up about it. "I am now using a mac because i feel more comfortable being hand held around software and safe from viruses/malware because i dont have the knowledge or time to learn how to avoid them or use the proper software to mitigate the threats in the first place, nor do i possess the knowledge or time to learn how to properly maintain a personal computer properly." Then I would have an issue with your crap. If i had the time, id find your thread where your own dad blew you off and got a different laptop and was perfectly happy with it. but alas, i do not.

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
Since this has turned into a mac vs pc thing. I'll be honest. **** Mac. Trying to figure out how to use that thing is worst than looking for the clit on your first rodeo.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Since this has turned into a mac vs pc thing. I'll be honest. **** Mac. Trying to figure out how to use that thing is worst than looking for the clit on your first rodeo.

Lettuce be cereal, the Macs are much easier to use, and the only thing different is cmd vs ctrl on the keyboard. The post right above you points this out put basically calling Mac users dumb because of how easy it is to use.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
I'm not going to chime in on the mac vs. pc debate, but I worked for an apple call center before I went back to school. Apple generally goes out of their way to help solve substantial issues, and they tend to give the benefit of the doubt. If a call gets escalated then it goes to reps who are employees with a track record of good customer service. The training period for developing work and customer skills is pretty substantial too. Even if customers aren't eligible for phone support, they will always offer to hook you up with specific trouble-shooting articles.

ViciousJay

Established Member
I guess you could have read the part where I uh, tried that...it's mentioned in the original post.

who's the dummy now? :shrug:

chances are you dont know how to torrent which it sounds like your really havent a clue about. But hey you got your little tiger up and running. Nothing new here, i have parts flown in daily but i can say this that ive yet to have any OS issues requiring bot disks since Vista SP2. Go figure, i mist know what im doing :poke:

Planter

Banned

it's like the first time you rode a bike without the training wheels, takes a little bit to get to used to. but once you get the hang of it, you'll like it better.

chances are you dont know how to torrent which it sounds like your really havent a clue about. But hey you got your little tiger up and running. Nothing new here, i have parts flown in daily but i can say this that ive yet to have any OS issues requiring bot disks since Vista SP2. Go figure, i mist know what im doing :poke:

I have Utorrent, just don't care for it much. I just opted not to steal an OS from the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread