1 Less Terminator - help w/hit&run..

hwystr

Established Member
Well, I think mine is a goner. I got rear-ended by an Excursion monday morning in Dearborn (Outer DR in front of Dearborn High). I was stopped at the red light and never saw him (he must have been doing ~40 and hit me pretty good as I got shot into the intersection and spun around 180') luckily no cross traffic or kids in the crosswalk at 8:15. Broke 2 of my ribs, and pretty much the entire back-end of the car. To top it off he fled the scene, all I could get cleanly was the first 3 letters, "15D" indicating a dealer plate which makes it even harder to trace due to dealers not assigning specific cars to plates. I already checked the classifieds, but didn't see anything close by.

So if any of you see a WHITE FORD EXCURSION with a damaged front driver corner with some sonic blue hi-lites - I'd appreciate a call with plate# and location (I'm betting he's changed plates by now). My cell is 313-805-0211 (Rich).

I'm not going to do anything stupid (accidents happen - just want the Dearborn PD to give him his due). Running from accidents is total BS. He also nearly ran-over a walker/jogger as he fled the scene, she decribed him as 50-55yr arab man.

:nono:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
she decribed him as 50-55yr arab man.

:nono:[/QUOTE]

what a shock, this happend to my wife, still fighting to get her med bills paid....
sorry to hear

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Hey Rich, sorry to hear about your second misfortune. I'm glad to hear you escaped with only minor injuries.
We will all keep an eye out for that car. I'm sure Postban has already put up a thread on Motown Muscle???

There might be a slight positive side to this however: think Shelby.

hwystr

Established Member
Thanks Gary - this ones just been bad luck.

2 near death experiences, both going 0 mph. What are the odds?

I still don't know all the options yet, Shelby - maybe :-D , although I just convinced myself that the terminator was going to be it for another 5yrs. My wife's pushing for a Volvo and can't understand why I'd push my luck in a mustang again. :shrug:

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Volvo - on our second S60 AWD, nice package. A S60R would make a nice daily driver, 300HP, Brembo's, AWD and more.

quad

Established Member
Sorry to hear about the hit and run and broken ribs - that's complete BS! I hope they catch him! Good luck with your new car search.

hwystr

Established Member
Nope (police haven't done much that I can tell), but I haven't been well enough to lend a hand.

Next week, I'll be looking for him... :mj:

Users who are viewing this thread