[email protected] for Team Lethal Performance

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
[youtube_browser]OvjgFOXDtoE[/youtube_browser]

IMG01249-20110113-1407.jpg

Wednesday night means track night for Team Lethal. So we geared up for another night out at PBIR but before doing so we needed to make a few changes to the car. Up until this point we've been running the stock suspension except for some QA1 rear shocks that we had installed for last weeks track outing. Although the stock suspension worked for quite a while we believe we reached it's limit with the new found power. Without hesitation we headed to the guru's of mustang suspension UPR Products in Lake Worth, FL. Not only does UPR make the best performing suspension products in the mustang community they've also supported us with all of our projects and have so kindly allowed us to use their driver Jeremy Martorella to race our cars.

Most of the suspension stuff we did however I'm unable to speak about at this time as we were fortunate enough to have 5.0 Mustang Magazine editor Steve Turner come down and follow the install which will be in an up and coming issue of 5.0 Magazine. However I can tell you that the results we got at the track last night showed how well the suspension helped us. The car after the suspension was a lot more consistent and wasn't all over the place like it was with the stock suspension. We're definitely glad we did the upgrade as we know we'll need it for the next phase of our project.

So after we finished our installation we loaded up and headed to the track. The weather was cool around 51degs on the way up to the track and as the sun finally went down we found ourselves in the 40's.

We made our first run and bam.. clicked off our best time of a 10.23 making us the fastest 2011 GT in the country that runs the MT-82 6 speed manual transmission. A few more runs showed us that the suspension was working as we clicked off a 10.24, 10.25, 10.26 and finally our fastest pass of the night and our new best of [email protected].

Although that's fast it's still not fast enough. We've got a goal of stepping into the 9's with the stock 6 speed manual trans and the stock motor. So we'll be back next week with some new gearing which should hopefully get us there.

In the meantime I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of our awesome customers,, friends and vendors who stand behind Team Lethal.

UPR Products, Jeremy Martorella, Whipple Superchargers, Jon Lund, SCT, Mcleod, The Driveshaft Shop, L&M Airflow, Brisk Racing, Aeroforce Technologies, American Racing Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Power By the Hour Performance, Jake Long, 5.0 Mustang Magazine, Steve Turner.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Going to more gear like 4.30's? You guys still rocking 3.73's and stock rear?

We're going to try some 4.56's with a 28" tall tire. From all the calculators we've looked at and from the data that Jeremy's got from driving the car that seems to fit the 1:1 5th gear of the MT-82 best.

Not many people understand how this new MT-82 works. That 5th gear which is 1:1 is the gear you want to be in when you cross the traps. You also want to be in that gear at as high of an rpm as possible. Where we're at now is just shifting into 5th at the traps so we're not utilizing the gearing of the trans and the rear end from a performance standpoint.

Everyone that watches the videos says "why do you have to shift to 5th" or "go with a taller tire". Plain and simple is you have to shift to 5th in order to get to the 1:1 gear and with the 3.73's that we currently run we're just barely getting into that gear at the top of the run. If we can hook up with the 4.56s and the 28" tire the car should ET faster.

Jared

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Damn! Who would have ever thought that these cars were going to be this fast!! Congrats

BTW, I would like to see you guys race Rebecca at NMRA Bradenton in a few months!!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Damn! Who would have ever thought that these cars were going to be this fast!! Congrats

BTW, I would like to see you guys race Rebecca at NMRA Bradenton in a few months!!

Thanks.. We'll be glad to race Rebecca at Bradenton. Game on. :beer:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We're planning on being there! :)

Bring the whole family, I'd love to see Luca again and meet Harlow! Carter and Holden will be with us, of course.

I'm not sure of the fam is coming but that would be nice to bring em all up. I'm sure Carter is huge now as Luca is as well. He's gonna be 4 at the end of Feb.

Congrats BTW on the great runs last weekend.

Speak to you soon.

Jared

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
Actually in Arizona at speed world there was someone ruining 9.79 @ 140.2 with a 2.9 Whipple so I dont think your the fastest ..I always laugh when I see shops post we have the fastest this and that ...note to self very few people who race post on FORUMS !

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Actually in Arizona at speed world there was someone ruining 9.79 @ 140.2 with a 2.9 Whipple so I dont think your the fastest ..I always laugh when I see shops post we have the fastest this and that ...note to self very few people who race post on FORUMS !

Don't be a dick dude. Let the people run thier business. Everyone is trying to make a buck. As a business owner, I get it. Go flip your burgers and STFU! Good job Lethal, keep up the good work!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

:shrug: What is the reason for posting that? BTW, I would bet they have more than just the whipple running 140mph at over 1200ft of elevation.

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

You show me documented proof of a stock MT-82 manual 6 speed car going faster than us and I'll buy you lunch.

EDIT: What's even funnier about your statement is that I just spoke to Dustin Whipple and he let me know that I'm the only one that's sold the 2.9L kits for the 2011 5.0L so far. With that said out of the 5 we've sold I don't recall any of them living in AZ. I always laugh when someone on the internet talks like they know this and that. NOTE TO SELF.. Very few people have a direct line to the manufacturer of the 2.9L on a Saturday afternoon. :)

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
:shrug: What is the reason for posting that? BTW, I would bet they have more than just the whipple running 140mph at over 1200ft of elevation.

He probably missed the part about it having to be the stock 6 speed manual. T-56, TR6060's don't count..

Bad Intention

Established Member
Congrats on the great pass. Good to see the potintial of these new cars. This may be a lil off topic but do you know when Fore is going to have there new fuel hat ready for these cars?

Last edited:

whoareyou

Established Member
Don't be a dick dude. Let the people run thier business. Everyone is trying to make a buck. As a business owner, I get it. Go flip your burgers and STFU! Good job Lethal, keep up the good work!

He may have his facts mixed up but if it were true what would be the problem with his post? Also, would it matter if a car was running 9's with more than just a 2.9 Whipple? Lethal didn't say the fastest 5.0 with a 2.9L Whipple, they said fastest 5.0 with a stock Mt-82 transmission. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread