10+ intake on 07-09??

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
So I picked up a carbon fiber intake but its the jlt first gen with no maf. I didn't even know they made an intake without the maf built into the tubing..... So the question is could I take a maf and heat shield for a 10-14 and use it on my 07? I'm assuming it will work and there should be a ton of stock mafs and heat shields guys have laying around.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Ok awesome. Do you have any pics you could post up? I know I'm going to have to cover the fresh air hole but that's no big deal. Do the screws line up for the body and the shield? Did you have to modify anything?

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
I don't have any pics, Ill take one in a few min. It has the FRPP res delete with the 11' heat shield and an Airaid filter. Fit perfect. I cut the rubber intake tube alittle bit to make it fit on mine so I didnt have to block that hole. But honestly, I don't think you would ever notice a difference if you didnt block that hole.

Last edited:

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
The original JLT carbon fiber CAI tube fit a 113mm MAF. The MAF housing on the the 10+ is 123mm (or at least the one that came with my FR/Whipple kit), not sure if that will cause a problem for you or not. The heat shield is a direct fit for the 07-09 models, no modifications needed... looks good too!

2010 Heat Shield.jpg

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
ok sweet. I appreciate it. That looks like what this is it's basically a res delete but it's carbon fiber. I didn't even think about it when I looked at the pics I just figured it had it built in like the new ones. I posted a WTB ad in the market but if anyone has a stock maf and heat shield let me know. Id rather buy them from the same person but if you've just got one let me know. I would think there are a ton of these sitting around people aren't using.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
The original JLT carbon fiber CAI tube fit a 113mm MAF. The MAF housing on the the 10+ is 123mm (or at least the one that came with my FR/Whipple kit), not sure if that will cause a problem for you or not. The heat shield is a direct fit for the 07-09 models, no modifications needed... looks good too!

Well this should be the 127 but is it 127 at the widest part of the tube? I don't want to spend a bunch on a maf if I'm not going to be able to use it. Should I just measure the piece of the tubing that's going to be by that maf? It's got a big rubber JLT piece.

What car had a 113mm maf? This was on a 13 gt500 so I'm assuming it's a 127mm. I just need to know if there is a certain year maf I should get to make it work.

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
The MAF on '10+ is 113 mm. The FRPP Whipple kit uses a 123mm Whipple MAF bolted on to a modified heat shield. Thte '10+ MAF is molded to the heat sheild, so it's one-piece.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Well this should be the 127 but is it 127 at the widest part of the tube? I don't want to spend a bunch on a maf if I'm not going to be able to use it. Should I just measure the piece of the tubing that's going to be by that maf? It's got a big rubber JLT piece.

As long as you have a smooth transition from the MAF into the tube, you should be fine. You would not want a smaller tube than the MAF housing which would restrict air flow. Yes, measure the inlet side of the tube that connects to the MAF.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
As long as you have a smooth transition from the MAF into the tube, you should be fine. You would not want a smaller tube than the MAF housing which would restrict air flow. Yes, measure the inlet side of the tube that connects to the MAF.

oh then I should be good. If anything the tube is going to be bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread