10 or 26 splin shaft???

LGHTEMUP

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
ok so I have a 2.9lwhiplle and around 740rwhp I am building my motor and I am going to get the rxt clutch now just due to the motor went...

so all this hype on 26 splin is it worth changing or stick with the factory 10splin???

my car has 12k for miles and I do not drag it or road course it just beat up un people here and their so what do you guys think..

thanks mike

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Serious question? 26 spline do it right the first time especailly since you are having everything apart btw you will love the RXT.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Snapchat-20140419023204_zps4b90f4a6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I'd recommend the 26 spline did this 470horse and street tires..don't ask how it broke, going from 3rd to 4th and it went

Bigggy

Established Member
Wow apex that's insane! Under 500rwhp with no track in mind I would not bother but at 740...it's a ticking time bomb..go for the 26 splines.

skwerl

Banned
To the OP-
Take a close look at the clutch pictured a couple posts above. Notice how the inside portion of the friction surfaces are unused/ not contacting the flywheel. The friction surfaces on the McLeod clutches extend a little bit closer to the center than most other brands so you need to use a flywheel with a contact surface that will match up. If you're unsure then put a tape measure on it and measure the inside diameter of the contact surface. You will find them ranging from approximately 5" to 6". If you're going to buy a flywheel anyway, go ahead and buy the McLeod so you're sure it will match up and you can use all of the friction material contact area.

As far as whether to use an aluminum or steel flywheel, the lighter flywheel will rev quicker but will also drop rpm quicker when off throttle. If you have a manual trans then you will most likely be happier with a billet steel flywheel. The lighter the flywheel, the more likely you will have vibration/buzzing cruising at lower rpm.

bomrrman84

Established Member
740 hp and you are going to put an RXT clutch setup in? you should definitely get the 26 spline setup. otherwise, ill bet money you break the 10 spline. ask me how i know.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
To the OP-
Take a close look at the clutch pictured a couple posts above. Notice how the inside portion of the friction surfaces are unused/ not contacting the flywheel. The friction surfaces on the McLeod clutches extend a little bit closer to the center than most other brands so you need to use a flywheel with a contact surface that will match up. If you're unsure then put a tape measure on it and measure the inside diameter of the contact surface. You will find them ranging from approximately 5" to 6". If you're going to buy a flywheel anyway, go ahead and buy the McLeod so you're sure it will match up and you can use all of the friction material contact area.

As far as whether to use an aluminum or steel flywheel, the lighter flywheel will rev quicker but will also drop rpm quicker when off throttle. If you have a manual trans then you will most likely be happier with a billet steel flywheel. The lighter the flywheel, the more likely you will have vibration/buzzing cruising at lower rpm.

I noticed that on the clutch to which is weird considering it was a spec clutch on a spec flywheel

Users who are viewing this thread