10 pounds or not?

schacher94gt

Established Member
Hey guys im trying to figure out if I need to get a smaller pulley before I dyno or not. Ideally id like to run 10 psi or higher. Last time it was a v1 w a 3.6 pulley on a 97 Cobra motor. This year it has c heads, LTs, IC, and a anderson power pipe. Essentially its a bolt on Mach 1. Running the same blower and pulley. What do you think, should I go to a 3.42 or even a 3.33

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Assuming motor is built? Remember with LT's ..boost may drop as a restriction is potentially removed.

Go as small as you can safely. If the motor and fuel system can handle it than go for it...Belt slip at 3.33??

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I have a 3.42 coming from a buddy. Think my 112 belt will be tight enough?

regarding the belt what DOHC do you have? the 99 and 01 Cobra motors use different size belts and I'm pretty sure the Mach's use the same as the 99 which is a 112.89" which I run.. And you asked about boost; I saw up to 15lbs this winter with the stock crank damper, in the Fla summer I was seeing 13 and that was with an A to A with a 3.5" outlet:rockon:I might try to squeeze a couple more pounds out of the head unit and do a small NOS shot for 600RW

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread