100 in a 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscg02ws6

Established Member
I just got my car back from a heads and cam swap and I took it out on the freeway for a quick romp. Did a quick 75 to 120 then let out and was getting off the highway. On the exit ramp a cop lit me up and I pulled over he said he had "paced" me doing 100 in a 50. If I plead not guilty dose he have any evidence for a conviction?...this is in MD if that matters

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
You're guilty, accept the consequences instead of lying about it.

SVT2122

Established Member
Really you joined this forum to post this thread???

You're going to jail btw...

Your Welcome,
Sean

cemeflybyu

Press hard, 5 copies...
Established Member
I just hope nobody prints this and sends it to court with the officer.

Heres the defense I suggest:

I'm not guilty, oh yeah while I'm at it I'm not guilty of what I said I did on the internet either. It was my uncle Leroy visiting from Croatia.

Smart one brainiac!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
If I'm not mistaken MD has the "Quick Romp" clause in their traffic laws which allows you to break posted speed limits when evaluating newly installed vehicle modifications. You should be just fine.

U.M.

sTupidsTang

Established Member
double the speed limit that reckless driving and all kinds of other charges yeah hope u don't have to spend a long time in the slammer

uscg02ws6

Established Member
you guys are really full of yourselfs. its a performance car fourm ..i like how the link above "donut shop" is for street raceing and i get flamed for this

TERMINATED97

Established Member
A few months ago I got a 127 in a 45...I had to pay $900 for the fine and $600 to my lawyer. I got arrested and charged with a class a misdeameanor. Im on court supervision for a year and I have to take a 8hr driving class.

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member
welcome to where everyones perfect. This is the u.s. innocent until proven guilty. it is the leo's burded to prove you're guilty, not your's to prove you're innocent. Fight it in court and get it reduced as low as possible. "you are a liar, just pay it" please, some really amazing people in here.

uscg02ws6

Established Member
I just hope nobody prints this and sends it to court with the officer.

Heres the defense I suggest:

I'm not guilty, oh yeah while I'm at it I'm not guilty of what I said I did on the internet either. It was my uncle Leroy visiting from Croatia.

Smart one brainiac!

^^that one is my fav. if you go over to "road kill" the first thread is about a guy raceing a cop in his cop car ...go fig

Evan5469

Established Member
If I'm not mistaken MD has the "Quick Romp" clause in their traffic laws which allows you to break posted speed limits when evaluating newly installed vehicle modifications. You should be just fine.

U.M.

Really? I've lived in MD all my life and this is the first I'm hearing about it. :lol::lol:

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
you guys are really full of yourselfs. its a performance car fourm ..i like how the link above "donut shop" is for street raceing and i get flamed for this
In all sincerity, you hit the nail on the head. If you get in trouble with the law, get a lawyer. If you bring your problem here, most of the people on this site will rip you a new one for getting caught doing what they have done. And it blows my mind when people come on here asking cops advice for getting out of tickets. Get smart people. That's like asking a prostitute what's the best way not to contract STDs from her.

Mach1threat

OoO
Established Member

i feel ya, i dont know whats wrong with people on this site sometimes.

Well my advice having been in your shoes before, is to get a lawyer ASAP. Mine told me not to do anything with the ticket, and he would take care of it from there. If you pay the ticket before trial you admit to full guilt and get maximum points.

I got caught 89 in a 55, which isnt quite as bad as you, but still 34 miles over the speed limit. Went to court with lawyer and I got out with NO points, reduction in the fine from $350 to 200 + 30 Court costs. The points is what is going to kill you. They may drop a few which will not get you dropped by your insurance company:beer:

STG

Banned
You guys are amateurs. I received a ticket for 130 MPH in a 70 - Nolawyer,no court, $500 fine, internet traffic school and no points. My car wasn't impounded and I neither was I.

What the heck are you saying to the officers on these traffic stops?:dancenana:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread