100 octane AVGAS + 93 octane mix in Paxton '13 GT 5.0

csb85

Established Member
Has there been a failure while running e85?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

That's a good question. Unfortunately for me I can't run e85 because there is non in my area. If it was available I would def be running it.

stang8psi

Established Member
go with a good reputable tuner, have it tuned conservatively and dont beat on the car like you stole and Im sure it will live a long happy life

I think you must have not read the part where the tuners are reliable, well known tuners that this is happening to

My car was not beat on or tuned to the ragged edge! engines that have tight rings and clearences can and will have failures.. Especially when you are adding 200+ hp on a engine designed for high reving N/A..
Whats the point in putting a blower on a car and not getting on it a few times or racing some? A dick swinging contest? car show only car? seems to be a waste to put it on and be the guy that says hey look at me I have a blower but I cant get on it....

RFM50

Established Member
mine broke a #8 ringland and piston on 9psi Lund Dyno tuned. Block was fine, Building a 11.5:1 motor now!

I broke the # 8 ringland as well. Also cracked 7 and started cracking 4 other's. I'm just really starting to think the pistons on these motors can't hold up to the added power for too long. I had a little over 10k on my blower.

2012csgt

Established Member
I have yet to see a vortech/paxton car under 10psi blow a motor. Those recent ones that blew were PD blowers. I had over 80 wot datalog pulls, more than half went lean up top on a stock coyote, 93 pump e10 and at 11psi thru my paxton and not any problem.

Mine blew running the stock Vortech pulley. Put it on at 11,000 miles and motor blew at about 12,500 miles. Only approx 1500 miles later. Sucked big time. Maybe I was seeing tops 9 psi of boost with the Jlt intake. And yes it was Dyno tuned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread