100% stock 03 vs. bolt on 99 L ....

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
welll im leaking this video me and a buddy went out and had a lil fun with the slowness .... i couldnt believe how close the 2 were all pulls were only 2nd gear .. stock cobra no shifter = no 3rd gear slam. cobra is down to a paper air filter even.

enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsKpIDkxOYk"]YouTube - '03 Cobra Vert vs. '99 Lightning[/ame]

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
mods to truck include

6# lower
big cone filter
90mm mass air
mafia
lfp heat exchanger
bassani hi flow catted Y pipe
mac cat back
2 inch front springs
3 inch rear shakles
sct x3 tuner
90mm idlers

oh and the heavy ass 20 inch wheels and tires 50 something pounds a peice

and it only can hang with a stock 03 oh well it will pull that bitch everywhere ....

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
ahh i have driven 03's stock with stock shifters its like throwing a shot in the dark to hit third in those things with stock clutch and everything ... runs would have been dead even if he wouldnt have missed ... all he needs is intake and exhasut and it wont even be a race any more just and ass beating

hittinboost

Established Member
It was fun and they were really close runs...we'll do it again soon when I get my mgw in, stock shifter sucks!

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
how bout some 1st gear pulls??? and the lightning owner needs to realize he should mash the gas after the 2nd honk so the tranny downshifts in time for the third honk. Good races tho

Users who are viewing this thread