1000whp UGR Gallardo vs 900whp AMS GTR (both cars on low boost)

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
So what really happened? Seems like in the 2nd race the Lambo blew his doors off and then let out and then in the 3rd it was exactly the opposite. Was the 3rd the only clean race?

04svtsnke

Established Member
Dragtimes just posted up the latest vids. Both cars are on race gas in this vid (1200whp vs 1200whp)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrFIXnrugs&feature=feedu"]AMS Alpha 12 Nissan GT-R vs Underground Racing Lamborghini Gallardo - YouTube[/nomedia][/Q
holy hell......

TheHitman™

Established Member
and that's on 20inch street tires. The 8 second GT-R is on lightweight 18"inch drag wheels with huge drag radials on all 4 corners.

Doesn't look like those Lambos are too concerned with getting the quickest possible ET.

Fixed. AMS themselves said they can't go smaller than an 18" wheel and keep the stock calipers. You can even see it in the videos that the wheels they use aren't even full drag wheels. The stock calipers are huge.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Fixed. AMS themselves said they can't go smaller than an 18" wheel and keep the stock calipers. You can even see it in the videos that the wheels they use aren't even full drag wheels. The stock calipers are huge.

They don't make racemasters in 18s, they posted the tire size, they're 17s. Maybe they used different size brakes on that 8 second pass.

M-Phibian

Established Member
They don't make racemasters in 18s, they posted the tire size, they're 17s. Maybe they used different size brakes on that 8 second pass.

Wrong again. They were 18's.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index...set-up-advise/page__view__findpost__p__730197

M&H Racemasters in 325/40/18 and 275/45/18:
(i) 325/40R18 <FONT COLOR="# FF0000 "><FONT SIZE=2>NEW TIRE!</FONT>
(h) 275/45R18 <FONT COLOR="# FF0000 "><FONT SIZE=2>NEW TIRE!</FONT>

No high-powered GT-R is running anything smaller than 18's on the strip.

Last edited:

M-Phibian

Established Member
So what really happened? Seems like in the 2nd race the Lambo blew his doors off and then let out and then in the 3rd it was exactly the opposite. Was the 3rd the only clean race?

What happened? The TTG kept getting reeled in like a bluegill. That's what happened.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Seemed that the lambo was having traction issues.

RussZTT

Established Member
That particular car trapping 177 is not making 1500 whp. It's making 1800 whp.

The 1500 whp cars have only gone high 9's at 160.
Right on. The Gallardo will be making almost 2,000rwhp (AWD) for the race. The owner stated the car hooks in 4th but barley.The race has been postponed till Sept 24th.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Right on. The Gallardo will be making almost 2,000rwhp (AWD) for the race. The owner stated the car hooks in 4th but barley.The race has been postponed till Sept 24th.

Holy shit! What's the GTR gonna be making?

M-Phibian

Established Member
Holy shit! What's the GTR gonna be making?

Maybe 1270whp or so.

The Moscow Unlimited is a mile race from a dig and E.T. is what matters. The E-Gear TTGs can't launch, so I think a GT-R or auto Porsche will still win the competition...just like they do every year.

RussZTT

Established Member
Maybe 1270whp or so.

The Moscow Unlimited is a mile race from a dig and E.T. is what matters. The E-Gear TTGs can't launch, so I think a GT-R or auto Porsche will still win the competition...just like they do every year.
Oh, the TTG will be able to launch pretty good on the street. Don't forget, one of the TTG's went 264mph at the Texas Mile. :beer:

Last edited:

M-Phibian

Established Member
Oh, the TTG will be able to launch pretty good on the street. Don't forget, one of the TTG's went 264mph at the Texas Mile. :beer:

The E-gear cars can't launch for sh1t on the street or the strip. Trust me on this.

As far as going 264mph, the Moscow Unlimited event is about the fastest E.T. Not the fastest MPH. Two completely different things.

Now, if a 6-speed TTG was entering the event with a good driver, I'd say it might have a very good chance of winning.

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
The E-gear cars can't launch for sh1t on the street or the strip. Trust me on this.

As far as going 264mph, the Moscow Unlimited event is about the fastest E.T. Not the fastest MPH. Two completely different things.

Now, if a 6-speed TTG was entering the event with a good driver, I'd say it might have a very good chance of winning.
You do realize that one of their TTG's that had the quickest trap speeds (before the 177mph) it lifted the front wheels WITH an Egear right?: If that's not a good 60ft then I don't know what is.

Last edited:

M-Phibian

Established Member
You do realize when the TTG went 177mph he lifted the front wheels right? :poke: If that's not a good 60ft then I don't know what is.

Let me help you out here..

The car in the video in the beginning of this thread is a E-Gear car. E-gear TTGs can't launch from a dig for sh1t, but are very strong from a roll. This particular E-gear car is the same car that will be competing in the Moscow Unlimited event in 2 weeks. The Moscow event measures the fastest E.T., not mph.

This exact same 1550 HP E-gear TTG also competed in the Moscow event last year, and lost to a Porsche making only 850 whp ...because E-gear TTGs can't launch from a dig. Video here: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2r582YM0bw"]Porsche 911 (997) Turbo SWITZER(? hp?) VS Lamborghini Gallardo UGR TT (1500 hp) - YouTube[/nomedia]

The 177 mph car that you are talking about is UGR's shop car, Nera. It's not a E-gear car. It's a 6-MT car, that with the owner of UGR driving it, can launch very well. It also makes 1800 whp which is considerably more then the 1550 whp that the E-gear car in Moscow is making.

Also consider that even when talking about the 6-MT TTGs, only one has ever ran a low 9. That would be the shop car Nera with the UGR owner behind the wheel. The 2nd fastest one ever was also a 6-MT car, that only went high 9's at 160 mph at 1550 whp.

Do you understand now? Two different transmissions. One (E-gear) can't launch well at all, while the other (6-MT) can, with one particular person driving it (the owner of UGR), and there will not be any 6-MT TTGs competing in the upcoming Moscow event. The only one that will be competing, happens to be the same car in the video at the beginning of this thread, which is an E-gear car.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread