105 question

Aubz

Established Member
Just a quick question. Previous times i have used the m 105-205 combo i have been left with a kind of hazy finish when its in the sun. What am i doing wrong? Am i not working it in enough or using too much product...? And info would be awesome. Thanks

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Have you always finished with the 205? Have you applied anything after that or just did the 105/205 and done?

Just trying to get more info to get you a better answer from those that would know.

Aubz

Established Member
Oh yeah I do like a sealer and wax all done with a porter cable

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Are you using it in direct sunlight? or after your done and buffed out it gets hazy in the sun?

dom418

Established Member
105 isn't exactly the most user friendly product. I had issues with it especially on plastic parts. Probably has something to do with the flash time

Aubz

Established Member
No not in direct sunlight it would be after I'm done everything it just would look hazy in direct sunlight and look amazing when it was kinda cloudy out

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I haven't used that combination, but my friends do all the time. I will give them a call and see if they have any thoughts on it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Are you sure you are buffing out all of the product after each step? I talked to my friend a bit about it, and the only thing that came to him off the top of his head was there is some product left behind since it happens after being left in the sun. What wax/sealant do you use?

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
M105 can (and does) leave a haze due to its aggressive nature. M205 "should" clear up that haze and give you a clear finish.

What machine, pad machine speed, arm speed are you using? Have you tried Carpro Reflect? I like it for jeweling the paint.

I use Carpro Eraser to clean and inspect the sections and insure that all polish and polishing oils are removed before LSP.

Personally no longer use M105. I like M101. I believe M101 cuts just as good but leaves a much nicer finish after polishing.

Did I mention that M101 is MUCH friendlier to work with?

Last edited:

Aubz

Established Member
Maybe i wasnt buffing it all out? Or maybe a combination of not buffing it all out and using too much? Idk its just so frustrating and this is definitely the last black car i will ever buy. I use blackfire wet diamond for sealant and I think the wax is black sun but im not positive. I will have to look into the m101

Merlinii

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
Established Member
Maybe i wasn't buffing it all out? Or maybe a combination of not buffing it all out and using too much? Idk its just so frustrating and this is definitely the last black car i will ever buy. I use blackfire wet diamond for sealant and I think the wax is black sun but i'm not positive. I will have to look into the m101

What machine, pad, machine speed, arm speed are you using?

I.E. PC 7424xp, Lake Country Orange 5.5" flat foam, Machine speed 5, 1"-2" per second with medium downward pressure to insure pad has a slow rotation.

You may wish to try Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Megs Ultimate Polish available locally.

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
I personally use a drop of 205 with my 105 to cut down on dusting and help keep the product working longer.

Users who are viewing this thread