10mm race wires that really meet their claim!!!

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
So I placed a special order 12/1 and barely received them yesterday they claim 40 ohm per foot and according to my multimeter they are spot on!!!!! These blow the ford racing wires out of the water frpp wires are 1000 ohm per foot in terms of resistance. They are made in China but who cares the ford racing are made in China as well. Can’t wait to get these on and see if it fixes the misfire that I always had with the ford racing 9mm wires. I’ll be running them with the stock motorcraft packs but I’m gonna order a set of their coil packs just to see how they work for 50 bucks they claim 48k volts if they suck I’ll send them back as I know stock motorcraft packs work great at even over 1000 hp
Image1709909666.933174.jpg
Image1709909689.829128.jpg
Image1709909700.330234.jpg
Image1709909709.867801.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
This is their make up

•MANUFACTURER: Dragon Fire Model: Pro Race Series Direct Factory Fit
•RESISTANCE: 40 ohms per foot
WIRE DIAMETER: 10MM
•FEATURES: Pentacore Technology - Industry Leading High Heat German made Silicone - High Performance Coated Copper Conductor - Precision Wound at 200 Turns per inch (+/- 10%) for Maximum Voltage Transfer and Superior RFI/EMI Protection – Kevlar Fiber Core - High Tensile Strength Fiberglass Protection Mesh - High Temp. Rated to 600°F - Extra Thick Boot Wall Design - Long Service Life
•WIRE LENGTHS: 36", 30", 30",30", 28", 22", 22", 22"

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
My stumble misfire is now gone!!! These wires are amazing I had the stumble misfire since 2009 when I put the 9mm ford racing wires on and never could find out what was causing it. Screamin demon packs will be here tomorrow can’t wait to freshen the spark up even more as my 27 year motorcraft packs are way out of spec on the primary and secondary ohm test. The FRPP wires showed over 3000 ohms each wire and these 10mm dragon fires are about 100 ohms each that’s a huge difference in my book. Even with these stock packs that tested out of spec the throttle is so crisp now

01yellercobra

Established Member
I remember when I had my 01 (early 2000's) the FRPP wires were pretty well hated. The quality seemed to change over night.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
That’s why I was hesitant on getting another set of ford racing I didn’t want to dump 120 bucks just to have the same issue and I have heard of problems with msd as well

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
On the left side it’s all the methanol lines and on the right it’s just protecting all the wires from the methanol control box all that will be coming off I ordered heat protective wrap looms comes in Thursday

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
View attachment 1833431

Re routes the methanol lines and added new heat wrap looms on them and a few other lines it’s ready for the drag strip also installed the screamin demon coil packs very very nice packs even better quality than 2007-8 era when I bought my first set

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Now that looks really clean and well laid out. Big difference visually. You did very well going with the Dragon Fire wires and Screamin Demon coil packs. Feels good when you find a good solution to a "forever" issue, doesn't it!

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
They got 2 sets left for under 56 bucks if you want to pick up a set these are worlds better than ford racing or msd I don’t think there’s a better wire set for our cars

Users who are viewing this thread