10's?

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
Ok I will be heading home in some months and I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are about me getting my car into mid to high 10's. It's a 1995 Mustang with a Dart block 8.2 deck Vortech blown 355 stroker, Tremec 3550 trans and 3.73's in the back. Car weighs 3631 with me in it and a 1/4 tank of gas and this is with spare tire and all factory equipment still on it. I want to throw a set of slicks on it and see what she will do and I'm just curious. Ill probably take it to an 1/8th miles track first so also what do you think it has in it in the 1/8? I will probably be launching around 3500 because its a non TKO 3550 and I'm trying not to twist or break the output shaft yet but hoping the low end grunt of my motor will pull the car through it pretty well. I hate asking the "What will it run" question but anyone who has a close setup or seen a similar setup please chime in. Thanks for any input guys! If you want to see the whole list of whats in the car go to the link.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ft-dart-block-95-cobra-clone-03-04-cobra.html

Dyno95Mustang.jpg

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
i would say maybe some mid to low 7s in the 1/8th. if you can drive good and get traction of the line i think you could maybe see some 6.90s. IMO

mustang john

Established Member
Nice car you have there, you should see some high 10s pretty easy on tires launching hard going by your mod list and dyno sheet. If you cant launch hard then probably wont see 10s, gotta have a good sixty to get 10s unless you just have alot of horsepower.

Last edited:

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Yeah it will all be in the 60' and DA. I think you will be in 10s once the fall hits...Oct/Nov time frame. What wheels and tires will you be running at the track?

Speed Demon

Established Member
You should be in the 10's pretty easy. Your making a good bit more power than I am and weigh about the same. Main thing you need to worry about is your launch, if you can get it out of the hole good you should be there no problem.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
U have mist of the equation. What your suspension consist of?

If it's a "street suspension I say low 11s to high 10s around 130mph. If setup well I say mid to high 10s in the low 130s

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
U have mist of the equation. What your suspension consist of?

If it's a "street suspension I say low 11s to high 10s around 130mph. If setup well I say mid to high 10s in the low 130s

Adjustable upper control arms, UPR lower control arms, Tokico Shocks, Eibach Prolines, Strange 10 way adjustable struts. I am thinking with some good tires on a 15 inch rims launching at an ok RPM I hope I will be pulling some higher 10's. I mean if I get anywhere int he 10's I will be happy. We shall see what happens when I go.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
10.50's @ 130+ with 6.70 1/8 mile times. Launch it on kill and it'll run even quicker. Lighten it up and it'll be a low 10 or high 9 second ride with good driving. Mine ran 10.34 with around 500rwhp at 3325lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread