10th Anniversary or no?

The Sinner

GETUSUM
Established Member
A local dealership has a Black 03' 10th Anniversary Cobra convertable with 27K miles asking $31,995 for it and told me that they will not come down on the price because it is a 10th Anniversary edition and feel they will get what they are asking. I really love the anniversary package and will probably never find another one for sell any time soon,should I just tell the dealer to bite me and just settle for a non anniversary 03' or 04' or just suck it up and dish out what thier askin for it? Since I sold the 98' I can't stand it any longer and will buy a "terminator" with in the next month or so.
What would you guys do?
Thanks in advance,

Mike.

bhamvett

Established Member
I too have been looking at 10th Anniversary editions and that price is high. Take your time and find one for less money. Dealers are not my favorite people!

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Holy smokes! That is wayyyyy high... You can find them around here, hardly modded for 26/27k....

There is one in Mission, Tx and one in College Station, Tx for awesome prices. Do a search in Texas on autotrader.

Venimus

Established Member
I bought mine with less than 5k miles on it in March of this year for $26k and it had a pulley, chip, cat-back, off-road exhaust and CAI. Take your time and you'll find a much better deal than that.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
The Sinner said:
...asking $31,995 for it and told me that they will not come down on the price
Yeah, right. :bored: See if they have that attitude in October when the car is still sitting on their lot.

...will probably never find another one for sell any time soon
Well, that might be true if you're only looking at dealers or are limiting your search to a specific area around your location. Otherwise, there are plenty out there.

should I just tell the dealer to bite me
Yes. :D

I can't stand it any longer and will buy a "terminator" with in the next month or so.
You're talking about dropping $25K-$30K. DON'T BE IN A HURRY! There are plenty of reasonably priced, good used Cobras out there (inluding 10th Anniversary models). Keep checking on-line classifieds and message boards like this one, modularfords.com, corral.net, etc.

What would you guys do?
Be patient, keep looking, and consider expanding your search area. Be willing to travel to get the right car. A $300 plane ticket sounds expensive, but not if you're going to save thousands of dollars in the process.

AngrySnake

Established Member
The Sinner said:
A local dealership has a Black 03' 10th Anniversary Cobra convertable with 27K miles asking $31,995 for it and told me that they will not come down on the price because it is a 10th Anniversary edition and feel they will get what they are asking. I really love the anniversary package and will probably never find another one for sell any time soon,should I just tell the dealer to bite me and just settle for a non anniversary 03' or 04' or just suck it up and dish out what thier askin for it? Since I sold the 98' I can't stand it any longer and will buy a "terminator" with in the next month or so.
What would you guys do?
Thanks in advance,

Mike.

That price is high, I sold my black 10th vert with 10K miles for $27.5K a couple of months ago. There was another one with similar mileage and a set of Saleen wheels that was advertised at a similar price recently.

Keep looking, the 10th cars are desirable but not particularly rare.

live4offrd

Established Member
I bought mine for $28k with 1600 miles 3 months ago. You should be able to find one cheaper than that dealer you are looking.

SHOLANDO

Established Member
Remember Guys/gals he's asking about a vert ("Black 03' 10th Anniversary Cobra convertable").
The miles are way too high for that price!! Some of us paid close to that for a brand new one!!! Ebay has the best prices!!! I also like www.cars.com: http://www.cars.com/go/search/fs_se..._|X-popular|Z-32789&aff=national&aff=national

Here are 3 VERT:
2003 SVT Cobra $32,999 1,600 Individual Seller Convt Silver 170 mi.
i-1_T3.JPG

2003 SVT Cobra $32,000 9,000 Classified Ad Convt Silver 4,745 mi.
NO PICTURE
2003 SVT Cobra $30,400 1,625 Individual Seller Convt Red 1,156 mi.
i-1_T3.JPG

Xjman1

Established Member
Just for reference, we bought the same car off the dealer lot with 12 miles on it for $32,000. Absolutely love it. Keep looking or make him come down at least 5k.

The Sinner

GETUSUM
Established Member
Thanks for the responces,I guess I just got so excited when I saw the car,I am really surprised at my self that I actually had the power to walk out the dealership to come and ask you guys what you thought. I have since come to realize that the car has too many miles on it. Hell,I have a 02' 4x4 tacoma that I will be trading in that only has 21K miles on it.
Thanks for the advise guys,I may even drive out of state if I have to (my wife will think I'm nuts) but to get a car like the one SHOLANDO posted, a 2003 SVT Cobra $32,999 1,600 Individual Seller Convt Silver 170 mi
That is still a brand new car!
Thanks again guys for talking me down from buying a high milage car.

sckcobra

Established Member
yes i agree. the market on these cars is very strong though now that they do not make them any more. go out of state and i gurantee you will find one either brand new or with way less miles than that for the same price or even cheaper. and maybe a few mods :)

toro1966

Toro 66
Established Member
I agree that with 27k miles on it, 32k is too much money. That said, I just ran my numbers on kelley blue book (www.kbb.com) and In excellent condition with 8000 miles on it (which is what mine has) it gave me a price of just under 31000. So while the miles are high, the blue book supports 31k for an 03 10th Anniversary Convertible.

27K miles asking $31,995

whoa! and I thought MY dealer was f*cked up! my car had 13,000 miles and was $32,995 but 27,000 miles and almost the same.. no way man. there's not much differences in a 10th ann and a regular so just get a regular cobra. I like the seats better in the regular cobras but the only thing I like from the 10th ann are the red calipers.

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
That price is freakin crazy! Especially with you living in Louisiana. When I was searching for my Silver Conv 10th i found alot better prices in Tx, Nv, Fl, Ga, a bunch of states not to far from you. It took me about a month and a half to find my 10th, but it was worth the wait. Got mine for 28k w/ 10,000mi.

Be patient and get something with lower miles and at a better price.

Goodluck.

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
i just bought a silver 10th coupe this past monday with 1500 miles on it for around $27k. expect to pay a little more for a vert. $31,995 with that mileage is crazy.

Frank

The Sinner

GETUSUM
Established Member
Thanks guys,I was talking to one of the younger salesmen the following day (had to test drive it again :thumbsup: ) and he told me the only reason they want come off of the price just yet is because they just got the car in the day before I came to look at it,so they will stay firm on the price for about a week,and if they dont sell it with in the first week at that price,that they will probably come down a grand the next week.
They have my number and I told them I will not go over $27,500 for it. So we will wait and see.
If they do not call back,I guess it was just ment to be. But I am trying to be patient,because I know as soon as I buy it I will find one with less miles for cheaper...it always happens to me. Its just driving me crazy being out of my Cobra and driving a 4x4,my neighbor even told me he misses the sound of my car starting up :rockon: ...I can't let him go deprived of that beautiful purr any longer,what kind of neighbor would that be?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread