11.0 AFR all of a sudden 10.0 WOT

fastlane1999

Established Member
Ok guys I didnt have my wideband last summer and do this summer, I have looked and looked into the archives and could not find anything specific to mine so here goes and hope can answer? So installed my wideband this winter and since have been driving the car in the 70-80 degree weather and now that it has gotten hot and humid I have went from 11.0-10.0 AFR's I have not changed anything on the car I know 10's will not hurt anything in short term however I lost alot of power as this has happened, so I have ported Eaton 2.8 BAP O/R xpipe open filter so nothing special but 472HP 470TQ and also think I should be getting little more power anyway, besides the point any ides what could have changed? In the archives I have seen that it may be the FRPS as i said wanted to confirm this before I spend $111 buck on something I dont need, any help would be great just want my car to be conservative but make decent power!

fastlane1999

Established Member
Also will add the car has a perfect idle and great just driving around everything looks feels and smells fine I just went from WOT AFR's @11.0-10.0. I want to ask also if it is the case that its the weather has anyone ever adjusted their BAP after tune to lean/rich the tune or is this off limits to adjust?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
And what wideband and sensor are you using? Faulty sensor?

Mach828

Established Member
First I'd recalibrate the wideband o2 sensor. They need to be calibrated every few months. Then I'd see if you are still showing the same reading.

fastlane1999

Established Member
Its an autometer gauge its just so weird the car always ran perfect 0 issues it sits in storage most the time then the last two times I take it out reading 10's at WOT the first drive I shut the car off rolling and then after starting it and letting W/B heat up did WOT pull and ran 11.1ish then took it out this weekend and was back to 10's and didnt get better after the restart this time!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd do what mach828 suggested in re-calibrating sensor, then go from there. What's it read while just cruising and idle?

fastlane1999

Established Member
All around driving is good idle nidrange AFR's look goos as they have always been just WOT it leans to 10's how do I recalibrate the wideband?

fastlane1999

Established Member
Thank you you have told me the same thing my wideband has told me now if you can tell me how to fix the problem id really appreciate that!^^^

eaglesnick

Established Member
Sorry, in your previous post you said it LEANS to 10's I just wanted to make sure you knew it was going rich and not lean, my bad.

fastlane1999

Established Member
So I got my car home to work on it and did some testing and it does not seem to be the FRPS. Was wondering how often the boost actuator goes bad my question is my boost gauge has some bleed off at WOT im sure it has the factory belt also and is very glazed over do you guys think I could be loosing that much boost that that is whats making it run rich? I was thinking I could get a new blower belt and re-plumb the actuator so it operates correctly thoughts? I really dont have any other ideas as to me its odd that it would start to run rich, lean I get it I have a major problem but rich dont seem to common to me! I also talked to my tuner and he was at a lose to! Also have had my Batt. disconnected since last night and will hook it back up after the belt and re-plumb, still any ideas I will give it a try thanks guys!

cj428mach

Established Member
So I got my car home to work on it and did some testing and it does not seem to be the FRPS. Was wondering how often the boost actuator goes bad my question is my boost gauge has some bleed off at WOT im sure it has the factory belt also and is very glazed over do you guys think I could be loosing that much boost that that is whats making it run rich? I was thinking I could get a new blower belt and re-plumb the actuator so it operates correctly thoughts? I really dont have any other ideas as to me its odd that it would start to run rich, lean I get it I have a major problem but rich dont seem to common to me! I also talked to my tuner and he was at a lose to! Also have had my Batt. disconnected since last night and will hook it back up after the belt and re-plumb, still any ideas I will give it a try thanks guys!

You could have a vacuum leak post blower. Then when in boost its losing air that the MAF has accounted for making it rich. You might not notice the leak at idle/cruise because closed loop is hiding it.

Users who are viewing this thread