11-12 ARH Install Help O2 Related

MattR

Established Member
I started the install of my ARH headers and O/R H pipe today. I have the passenger side ready to install the header but im having issues with the O2 wire. I have read that the extension don't work and that there is enough slack. Where does this slack come from? The connection is way up by the firewall almost centered on the trans. I popped a couple of attachments off and didn't gain any length. I took a look at the included extensions and they must be for a different year car, so I cant use those even if I wanted to.

I have an E-Mail into Van and im sure he has the answer.

So how did you guys with a 2011-2012 get the front O2's hooked up? Pics would rock.

Thanks, its beer time.

Matt

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
Disconnect the harness from all the connection points (transmission) and then pop it out of its clips over the bell housing and reroute it to the other side and under the transmission. That will give you all the room you will ever need. Just get some good quality zip ties and loom tape to secure it properly. Make sure its tucked up tight against the bottom of the tranny.

MattR

Established Member
Disconnect the harness from all the connection points (transmission) and then pop it out of its clips over the bell housing and reroute it to the other side and under the transmission. That will give you all the room you will ever need. Just get some good quality zip ties and loom tape to secure it properly. Make sure its tucked up tight against the bottom of the tranny.

Where is the connection point over the trans? I have the clips pulled away but it sounds like you disconnected the entire harness and rerouted it. Have any pictures?

Thanks

12gt500

Established Member
i am having the same problem my car has been to a shop waiting to see if they can do it. i think they told me that they was going to try this weekend. which was today and yesterday.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I know this isnt exactly what the thread is about.. but since people are talking about the harness... I changed my oil yesterday and noticed my harness on the passenger side was hanging down. Its the part that plugs into the right side o2 sensor. I sawa little slip clip on the harness but crawling under the car, I could not see where it would clip to. Does anyone know which part of the tranny I would need to feel around for under the car to attach the harness back?

If anyone has any pics floating around, that would help too. Thanks.

Hard to get elbow room under the car with it put up on jackstands.

Users who are viewing this thread