11/12 G2 Front Tire Camber Wear?

gr850

Established Member
Looking for those that have noticed the wear pattern or recently replaced thier G2's front tires and noticed the wear pattern. I can visibly see the camber on my 12 is tiltled inwards considerably and the wear is very noticeable that the inside is a great deal more than the rest of the contact patch. I adjust PSI at the most monthly to 35.

I realize the tread life on these are minimal and I also realize a tad inwards helps G rating but man for the inside to wear at 2-3 times the outside? Curious what the factory settings are........

NuclearPower

Established Member
Yes, same pattern here (2012 SVTPP). The inside looks like a mountain range and the outside looks the desert plains. The factory setting is 0 to -1.5 degrees.

I'm not complaining too much though. I have 25,xxx miles on them. Last much longer than I thought. Going to replace them with either Continentials (DWS) or Bridgestone (970s) all season tires.

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
Same odd wear on my 11 took it to the dealer and they did an alignment covered under warranty. They said that the setting for the shelby was aggressive for best cornering but I would think you would want a flat wear pattern. We'll see if the alignment works.

ZROTOWTF

Established Member
Had this exact issue on my 11 at 17k miles. Front tires looked like they had a ton of tread left on them. Went for yearly inspection, failed. First I said, No way...guy lifts car and bam, inside edge is at like a 45 angle, rest of tread has 6-7/32 left. I had done some serious track days at VIR and figured that is what caused it.

Put on 2 new fronts at 17k, now at 31k, checked them just yesterday (check them all the time now...) and these are wearing completely even, go figure. No trips to track though, only Drag racing.

einehund

Established Member
I got a 10 and have the same issue. I but my shelby in storage for the winter, and as I was taking off my wheels I noticed the front tires are SHOT. The outside 2/3 of the tire looks fine, but the inboard 1/3 are bald as a slick. 20K miles. Crap. There goes modification money....

NuclearPower

Established Member
Mine must be closer to 1.5 from the wear. I put a level across mine and it is exactly halfway on the bubble.

If you have lowered the car any then you are probably close to the -1.5. Before I lowered the car I was at -0.9, after lowering I was at -1.4. I was thinking about camber bolts but fulltilt just posted that one of his bolts cracked...what to do what to do...May end up having to install the SVTPP springs back on....

Users who are viewing this thread