11'-15' Pilot Bearing Info important

DNT H8

Established Member
For the archives:

I'm putting a RXT in my 11' with 40k and figured it be a perfect time to do the pilot bearing. The Ford Racing part number goes from 06' to present, HOWEVER the oem ford part numbers range from 06-10 then a different part number for 11-15. That seemed odd to me so I ordered the oem over the ford racing. The parts guy had a 4.6 pb in stock and it was identical to the ford racing pb. The 11-15 pb was completely different, much more robust and larger bearing needles, it weighted almost twice as much. Also, the grease was different too, the 11-15 pb had a yellow grease. Hope this helps someone in the future because I coundnt find anything on it. I would imagine the same holds true for the roadrunners...

Fyi the bread trick works on a coyote pb

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
That's odd.
I used the ford racing one and it looked identical to the oem one that came out. this was on a 2012.
Maybe he grabbed the wrong part when comparing?

I used grease rather than bread, worked great!

DNT H8

Established Member
The part number fiasco makes it all odd to me... you would think if the FR part number is the same for all years SO would be the oem part numbers etc or at a minimum cross reference each other. I held the 4.6 oem pb in my hand and it was way different than the coyote pilot bearing.

Cost difference by a large span

oem 11' pb $30
Ford Racing pb $10

Last edited:

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
What was different between them? The ID and OD diameters have to be the same.
So the length was different?

Users who are viewing this thread