11.7@119 1.7 60ft on stock goodyears

cheetohead04

Established Member
Well haven't posted much on this forum since I got my car last month. It's a 09gt500. Bought it bone stock 45k miles. I took it the first weekend I bought it and ran 12.4 1.9 60ft. Since then I did jlt 110 cai, 2.5 vmp pulley, Lund tune and bmr uca/lca. I have race stars and radials but did not have my sway bar relocation kit so couldn't use them yesterday. Took the car yesterday to local 1/4 track (Carolina drag way) first pass I cut a 1.8 60ft but aborted the pass felt like clutch was slipping bad. Not sure what happened just felt weird. Let the car cool down made my last pass cut a 1.7 60ft on the stock goodyears and ran 11.7 @119. It spun bad when I hit 2nd so lost a little time there. I was pretty stoked when I got my slip. I went out hoping for a 12.0 with stock tires. I knew it hooked great when I launched but didn't think it was that good.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
You sir deserve driver of the year for doing THAT on those hockey puck compound tires. 1 and 2 are usless for me, never had the guts to take em to a track.

Nice job man and welcome to the zoo. I mean forums. :D

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
I don't know how you did that. Those good-years are the "ultra-performance" tires ever. But bravo! My Nitto Invos hook up at least 2x better.

1st usa car

Established Member
I would be afraid to drive it hard --- I will need a wide open space -- no trees, cars, walls or ditches. I am going to beat my GF to death and can't wait to upgrade to some MT street2 305's --- Should be a different car.... will surely make my car faster like adding another tvs.

cheetohead04

Established Member
Video and time slip or it didn't happen!!!!
almost impossible to hook those crapyears and pull a 1.7 60ft

I'm trying to believe you.
Lol if I didn't do it myself I wouldn't believe it either. I am trying to post slip. I don't have a vid. I do have pics of my car with the numbers on it at the track with matching number on the slip if that validates me more lol. But yeah. Idk how I managed it. I call myself a good stick driver learned when I was like 12 and have drove em since but still on those tires it's pretty wack

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
In the quick reply box below, click on the add image button and add the image you want to add.
Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• REPLY.jpg
    REPLY.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 137

Users who are viewing this thread