11 gt500 kb 2.8LC install...any hood notching pics?

musclemustangcb

Established Member
I'm about to install a 2.8LC on a friends 11 gt500. Using a 3" pulley and smaller. Any pics of the hood notching for clearance? I guess the lowering mounts aren't enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
You won't know if the lowering mounts are going to be enough or not until it's installed. I notched my hood but didn't need to use the lowering mounts. I have a good finger gap in there now. Granted mine is the 3.2l but it's a 2.8 just bored out a bit. The deck height changes from car to car from what I've been told. My suggestion is to do the motor mounts first and see if you'll need to notch it or not. I would post a pic of mine but it looks terrible right now since I haven't had a chance to clean it up since I did it and it's a 2007 so I don't know if the underside bracing is similar enough to reference. The instructions have some great pics and steps to follow when you get them.

jazz

Established Member
i didn't use lowering mounts on mine. hood notch was enough for me... you can check my post under "revanracing banner" theres a picture of the notch

Users who are viewing this thread