110 or 160 amp alternator?

still03cobra

Established Member
I'm gonna replace my alternator it's not making noise or anything just won't stay charged.. I was looking on eBay at the Eagle ones I've heard about. They have a 110 and 160 which should I get? I've heard good reviews on this product. But I'd appreciate any input.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the svtperformance.com mobile app

still03cobra

Established Member
I just got this battery a couple months ago and it tested good lastnight. This has been an ongoing issue. If it sits for more than a day nothing will come on. Jumping it starts right up it could be a connection but I've looked it over and seems good. Ok I didn't know if 160 would be too much. I'm not running a big setup :/ lol and it's stock radio and speakers.

cj428mach

Established Member
Id trouble shoot and make sure you don't have a voltage draw. You can also log battery voltage while driving.

IllCobra

Established Member
Yeah, I'd go with a 160a.
Let us know how it treats you, i could use a spare. Also, look into the alternator cooling mod, which should help prolong its life.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I'd also check for a power leak. Something could be on and drawing power while car is shut down. Interior lights and trunk light are good first candidates.

Use a good meter to measure voltage at battery at shut down, then again the next morning.

still03cobra

Established Member
Yeah testing it lastnight volts would go up a bit with the headlights and foglights. Then running the battery is way down. Autozone said alternator was drawing the volts down. So idk I mean I guess it could use an alternator I don't know when this one was put on.

Users who are viewing this thread