12.33 Stock Pullied Cobra

EZRIDN

Established Member
60' was a 1.86 on the first run, just a clean pass on a cool day. Car was stock then with full weight (spare and all). QUOTE]

Thats a great time.

Breaking the half shaft is what scares me about Cobras. Closest 1/4 mile track is 3 hrs away and I would hate to break one that far away.

Wheel hope is what kills these, right?

Venimus03

Established Member
60' was a 1.86 on the first run, just a clean pass on a cool day. Car was stock then with full weight (spare and all). QUOTE]

Thats a great time.

Breaking the half shaft is what scares me about Cobras. Closest 1/4 mile track is 3 hrs away and I would hate to break one that far away.

Wheel hope is what kills these, right?
Yup, wheel hop is what eats up halfshafts. Just run on a soft side wall/bias ply tire like an et street and you should be good to go. This will help soak up the launch and should eliminate wheel hop.

yellowbra

Established Member
threads like these make me realize what a crappy driver i am lol

it took me an uppper pulley just to finally crack a 12!

congrats op :beer:

hahaha. My first time to the track with my 04(screaming yellow:rockon:) I knocked off a 12.9 @ 110mph 2.0 60ft. I had a Magnaflow catback and nitto drag radials. I wasn't good with a burnout at first because no one told me how to really sit there and heat them up. So I would just take off from the water box really quick in 1st which I learned isn't how its done.

Users who are viewing this thread