12' GT500 vs 96' Kawasaki ZX6

Poppacapp

Established Member
A friend of mine at work has a 96 or so ZX6 with couple mods on it. We were talking and decided to throw a few fun runs together after work. I got my brother to ride up and be my cameraman(more on that later).. So I am 1 passenger 185lbs, me and my fat 3800lb Shelby.

Long story short, did a few 40-130mph rolls. I honked them off, and each time I pulled 3-4 cars on him at least and still pulling by the time we let off. Was fun... adrenaline pumping, and of course, because we were in Mexico, we did not get arrested for racing on a closed highway with zero traffic
gr_stretch.gif

Got good vid on the hit, but when my brother went to video the side mirror shot, the camera blurred on the runs..so he will have to practice more video cameraing with me in the future. I will also be purchasing a GoPro3 Silver edition to get some good vids as the nice weather starts hitting more.

Also, noticed the car was pulling timing at the top of 3rd gear at 6k... need to datalog it again and see what's going on... could have been heat soak.

Here is the video, I only have the first two runs...the last two were too blurry to worry about processing. They were same results as the first two.

I used to own a 2006 GSXR600, and to me, the car feels like it would have taken it too. Another guy at work has a Kaw 636.. going to try to set something up with him later on.

[youtube_browser]6uwpAxuQYqw[/youtube_browser]

Stopsign32v

Established Member
:lol: I didn't think it would be THAT bad!!!

But like you I owned a 05 GSXR 600 and while it was fast I don't think it would even take your car. So I knew this one wouldn't!

94_Vert

Established Member
I ran a bike a couple of nights ago, he went to pass me in the right lane. I saw his headlight jerk up and I nailed it, he never caught up. He had a fairing but I couldnt tell what it was, probably a 250, lol

MNCobra

Established Member
what gear was the bike in? sounded like 5th or 6th...maybe the bike needs a driver mod...i used to race vettes and porsches with my 02 GSXR 1000 and never saw tail lights...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
what gear was the bike in? sounded like 5th or 6th...maybe the bike needs a driver mod...i used to race vettes and porsches with my 02 GSXR 1000 and never saw tail lights...

Not sure if you're serious..

But a liter bike isn't in the same league as a 600.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member

You're talking about an '02 GSXR1000 instead of a '96 Ninja 600. HUGE difference in performance from 40+. Liter bikes will pull just about anything. I have an '08 Ninja ZX-14 that will embarrass about any car on the road, short of 1,000+ hp twin-turbo Vipers and Lamborghinis. Bone stock the bike runs in the 9s. (Of course probably not with me on it!)

Poppacapp

Established Member

He was in first gear i believe. He geared down. We started at 40mph

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
Sounds about right as this is a older bike = older tech. carbed, no where near the same league as newer fuel injected 600's. Ill put it in perspective of how fast a newer aged 600's can be. I had a 2003 yamaha r6 slip-on only that went 10.9 @ 125 with a 1.8 60ft, tons left in it. Last summer i had a 2006 gsxr 600 BONE STOCK, a ran a close friend and member here. 2003 cobra, stage 3 cams, 2.6, supporting mods, made 690whp, from all rolls from 20-40 i pulled hard each time, on a bike, rider weight and skill makes a huge difference, in all roll races from 20-60 i can start in first gear.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Sounds about right as this is a older bike = older tech. carbed, no where near the same league as newer fuel injected 600's. Ill put it in perspective of how fast a newer aged 600's can be. I had a 2003 yamaha r6 slip-on only that went 10.9 @ 125 with a 1.8 60ft, tons left in it. Last summer i had a 2006 gsxr 600 BONE STOCK, a ran a close friend and member here. 2003 cobra, stage 3 cams, 2.6, supporting mods, made 690whp, from all rolls from 20-40 i pulled hard each time, on a bike, rider weight and skill makes a huge difference, in all roll races from 20-60 i can start in first gear.

I actually had an 06' GSXR600... I hope to run a newer model to see how I do, but my 600 got beat by my brothers 04' GTO on 100shot.. and my Shelby would kill his GTO... so I know its only benchracing, but I do believe my Shelby would have taken my 06' GSXR600.

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
I actually had an 06' GSXR600... I hope to run a newer model to see how I do, but my 600 got beat by my brothers 04' GTO on 100shot.. and my Shelby would kill his GTO... so I know its only benchracing, but I do believe my Shelby would have taken my 06' GSXR600.

All depends on rider weight and skill level, I can't see a gto on a 100shot even coming close to a newer 600 on the street from a low roll.

Poppacapp

Established Member
All depends on rider weight and skill level, I can't see a gto on a 100shot even coming close to a newer 600 on the street from a low roll.

Ill just have to get a race with a newer 600 to find out. I am planning more mods for the summer which will put me out of 600 territory anyway...ill be looking for bigger bikes to play with hopefully.

shortbus03

White Trash Millionaire
Established Member
Ill just have to get a race with a newer 600 to find out. I am planning more mods for the summer which will put me out of 600 territory anyway...ill be looking for bigger bikes to play with hopefully.

700+whp and newer 600's won't be a problem. My f1a 03 cobra lost to my stock gsxr 600 with me riding it from various rolls. Ill say this I don't weigh anything and I'm a expierenced rider, so outcomes will vary depending on weight and skill.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I haven't had occasion to run a liter+ bike [that I know of], but I am 2-for-2 in the W column against sport bikes. One was in the mountains with an average sized rider. The other was closer to sea level with Ribs McGillicutty riding it. I put all kinds of lengths on that one. And yes he was racing because he kept trying to bait me into it.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Yeah. A larger than stock supercharger will put 600s out of contention

Poppacapp

Established Member
edit.

just realized this thread is 3.5 months old. im a jackass.

lol.. no biggie. But yeah, rider mod matters.. he is a good rider though. He has since sold that bike and has an 04' GSXR600.. haven't had a chance to play yet.. but I am also modded more.. so it shouldnt be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread