12 PP Lowering Rear Only

san6279

Established Member
I like the stance on the front, and if possible, would like to lower the rear just to level the car. Have seen mixed opinions on installing the FR rear lowering springs only based on potential handling issues with diff springs front and rear. Has anyone done this? Does it level the car? Any issues?

Freak3150

Established Member
I'm not sure if this would work on these cars, but in my older Camaro, the rear spring isolators were pretty thick. Removing them lowered the rear just enough to level the car out.

Lowering springs might lower it too much and make it nose up.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
It is a very common practice on these cars. In-fact I will be doing it to mine. I am not sure which mass produced spring would work best for that application because I use a local shop who engineered their own springs for the rear only.

However they will sell and ship them if your interested. Paul's High Performance out of Jackson area MI. paulshp.com

They designed the springs for the rear only to drop it perfectly to make a level vert or a slightly nosed down coupe.

That is the route I'm taking.

If you call ask for Jeff and tell him Ryan Harris sent ya.

I think they are around $200 bucks.

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
Roush springs are often used for this and sold separately, an inch or slightly less drop is typical

san6279

Established Member
Thanks for the comments all. Not sure which direction I'll go yet. Some report hood issues at higher speeds when leveling the car. I'm ok with some rake if there for a reason for it. Pics I've seen with the FR springs actually look pretty good. Does not appear to drop a PP car by 1.25" in the front - maybe that measurement is a comparison to a non-PP car. That probably makes more sense. Still like the front as-is though, so we'll see. Just saw a pic today of Devious's car with Steeda springs and it looks perfect to me.

Users who are viewing this thread