12 second pass possible? here are my times..

Dino S.

Established Member
I took the car to the track, only got 2 runs in. The first one sucked, I wont even post the times, here's the second.

13.4 @ 110, 2.3 60ft

I had to do alot of throttle modulation in second cause it just wanted to spin and spin. Felt like a crappy run but the mph was good.

Think I could rip off a 12 on street tires? I'm pretty much done drag racing, trying to get into track racing, but I just want to know if i should make one more final trip, or if the 12's just arent happenign on street tires.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
You should be able to hit 12's. It's all in those 60 foot times. Keep trying, I got mine down to 1.9x's with Kuhmo 712's

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
You've got the MPH for 12s, Pracice and a good track is all it takes for street tires.
I've been able to pull 1.7-1.8 60' on street tires. But we have awesome track prep.

Of course you got more HP than me. lol

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Cutting 1.8-1.9x's on streeties requires:

-Drive AROUND the waterbox
-Give the tires a quick 2-second "dusting off" on dry pavement
-Medium tire pressure, not real low, not high, like 22 psi or so
-don't rev the engine up AT ALL
-on the 2nd yellow light (not staging lights), let the clutch out as fast as you can without dumping it, while at the same time slightly tipping into the throttle.
-Then LEAN into the throttle without "punching it" so you don't shock the rear tires
-you may have to stay at 3/4 throttle in 1-2 gears.

milktasd2

Established Member
I would hope you could get in the 12s. Since I am in the 12s on street tires and light bolt ons with stock tune

95snoozer

Established Member
i ran 12.57 at 109.1 on nittos at 15 psi

nice burnout till they both smoke, let the clutch out at 4500+ and give it just the right enough gas to keep it from bogging and above 4k. Takes practice.

or buy slicks and let her rip,

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
I think his biggest obsticle is the 2nd gear tire spin. I guess you could try not hammering the 1-2 shift and then gradually get into it as opposed to modulating or leaving it on the floor the minute you engage second gear.

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
Also-burnout on street tires = less traction. Just spin em afew times to cleam em' nothing more.

Snoozer- nice looking car.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
i would say screw the street tires. if your not street racing anymore then it really doesn't matter. Get some M/T DRs or some nittos run a 1.7-1.8 60' and youll be home free. Thats why they developed slicks for that purpose

95snoozer

Established Member
thanks on the comment.

and if by track racing you mean road course, get some good stickey radials that will work for both. My nittos make the car way more neutral in the turns compared to my street tires which slide a bit and understeer the car

Users who are viewing this thread