1200 HP Viper Vs MY COBRA

turbosaleen

Established Member
supercobra506 said:
holy shit :thumbsup: and the title of this thread should have been cobra lays the smack down on 1200hp viper
He dynoed the car the day before at 20 PSI and made 1177 RWHP, so yeah it's a real 1200 HP viper.

cobras definatly a bad as ride sleeper as all hell

but

the cobra lost the race .. et doesnt win the first one to the other end wins :)

also dont care what he did on a dyno that viper was makeing no more then 800 rwhp when it ran down that track he probly was on a low boost pump gas tune.

mph doesn't lie a true 1200 rwhp viper would easily run in the upper 150s.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
viper blached second but still buster, that is sick man. Congrats! That car is really dialed in! Wait till turbos are more common. I mean the viper has been out since 96 Gen2 with good motor and the cobras came out in 03... once more people get used to turbos and get the combos figured out, it will be nuts

that viper was really slow for that kind of power though but good kill none the less

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
I'm just a n00b but it seems to me he should have gone a little bit faster than a 9.90 with 1200 rwhp.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Buster,

Congrats on the awesome run! New best? Car is smokin for a stock motor anything. :beer:

Buster

Established Member
turbosaleen said:
a true 1200 horsepower even with absolutly no traction would have 159 to 165 trap speeds.

Maybe, the twin T76 viper that made 1500HP ran 10.50 at 151-152 with no traction on Wednesday. He was running BFG's and had no traction, but I'm sure that doesn't make sense either. That was actually his best run of the night his worst was 144 MPH.

Anyhow, I just posted a vid, if it doesn't make sense just punch in his numbers in the 1/4 mile calculator and print a time slip.

Buster

Established Member
Onelfastlride said:
Buster,

Congrats on the awesome run! New best? Car is smokin for a stock motor anything. :beer:

Thanks, it was a new best. I'm going out one last time this weekend, we found some new power in the car, looking for some very low 9's with the stock motor.

Hoss331

Established Member
How much boost was that and how big was the shot? Did you spray the whole run this time?

rust0r

Established Member
turbosaleen said:
cobras definatly a bad as ride sleeper as all hell

but

the cobra lost the race .. et doesnt win the first one to the other end wins :)

also dont care what he did on a dyno that viper was makeing no more then 800 rwhp when it ran down that track he probly was on a low boost pump gas tune.

mph doesn't lie a true 1200 rwhp viper would easily run in the upper 150s.

why is it anytime a fast car is posted it seems that you've got something negative to say, whether it be in reference to SVTDubs or a number of other posts ive seen you make, i dont mean to detract from the thread in anyway, but it just pisses me off when someone posts something that is not something you see everyday, and very cool, someone has to focus on stupid shit like what "might be" the reasons the other car lost, and the statement "probably on a low boost pump gas tune" is just an attempt to take away from his accomplishment, and yes you congradulated him, but when you congradulate him on 1 line and then make excuses for his win on the next 10 it says alot about your view on things /rant

to the starter of this thread: awesome car, love the spool and way to hand the viper its ass (regardless of its problems or whatever else might be brought up), definitely nice to see people bringing out some sweet turbo cobras to the track

Users who are viewing this thread