123 vs 127 jlt

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Is there a reason Dodge\Chevrolet stuck with IATS rather than MAF sensors?

I think you're misunderstanding what each one is. The MAF reads the amount of airflow going into the engine, the IAT sensor reads the temperature of that air. Two different functions. On pre '03 Mustangs, those were two separate sensors. But, on most late model Fords, the MAF has the IAT1 sensor built into it, so it reads both. I assume most/all more recent Dodge and Chevrolets are the same way. They won't have one or the other, they'll have both - either integrated into one sensor, or not.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
I think you're misunderstanding what each one is. The MAF reads the amount of airflow going into the engine, the IAT sensor reads the temperature of that air. Two different functions. On pre '03 Mustangs, those were two separate sensors. But, on most late model Fords, the MAF has the IAT1 sensor built into it, so it reads both. I assume most/all more recent Dodge and Chevrolets are the same way. They won't have one or the other, they'll have both - either integrated into one sensor, or not.

Ah...okay, I was confused as some are called MAF sensors then other IAT sensors, for the Challenger\SS it is just called an IAT sensor and on my Toyota it was called a MAF sensor, so I figured they were just different sensors, didn't know they were combined. This is what the "IAT" sensor on the Challenger looked like. ChallengerIATsensor-greyconnector_zps29bb4ecf.jpg

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
....so just your intake tube is going to be carbon fiber, and you are willing to pay that price? Or do you have a CF hood and what not? Otherwise once the hood is popped that CF intake is just...ugly, you can tell it is not "supposed" to be there and was put there, when everything else is flat-black plastic.

Lol not that it should really matter to you but I have other carbon fiber pieces in the engine bay as well as the hood and roof of the car

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Lol not that it should really matter to you but I have other carbon fiber pieces in the engine bay as well as the hood and roof of the car

Well obv that makes sense then to finish the look. I thought just one carbon-fiber bit would be out of place but if the exterior has it as well as the bay, do it. CF looks gorgeous I thought you would just have this one piece so I was confused haha.

musclefan21

Established Member
Get your tube hydro dipped, much cheaper, same look.

Look at some dyno numbers guys wi5h 123 vs 127 are putting very similar powers given the other mods and conditions are similar.

mgmustang1

Established Member
when i ungraded to the 123, lund sent me a tune for the 127. i asked him why he sent me a 127 instead of the 123 tune, he said its the same tune.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Get your tube hydro dipped, much cheaper, same look.

Look at some dyno numbers guys wi5h 123 vs 127 are putting very similar powers given the other mods and conditions are similar.

Can't beat free. Someone is giving me a carbon fiber tube. I was just trying towel sure I didn't need to have the tune adjusted.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Cody....your tune will be fine with the 127. They are very close and your file has the headroom.

bj

shelby2

Established Member
I spoke to Jay Tucker about this and the mesh filter on the air filter. The mesh helps turbalance and helps prevent blowing the wick out. Slowing down after WOT causing stall, or bogging out. As far as the tubes they flow the same, but if your tune is on the edge, then it would be wise to get a new tune. I love the look of the carbon fiber tube as well. Looks sharp IMO
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread