127mm JLT Questions for those who have it.

spazpilot

Established Member
Did you write me an email a few months ago...
this is not on all cars and is such a tiny deal.

We want the largest filter and tube we can get to make the most power.

I've seen many that didn't have to do it, but all your doing is bending a 1/4" tab of metal 25* up, easy and simple and can go back at anytime.

It's all part of modding cars, but this is minor in the overall scheme of things.

Jay

I did send you an email a while back. As you may not see it as a issue, I do. Your asking a premium price for a product that looks great but does have a fitment issue. From what I have seen at car shows its also on all 2011-13 Shelby's. I would love to purchase one of your intakes but that alone keeps me from making the purchase. To each there own I guess.

Last edited:

Derek5774

Established Member
I'm having these exact problems, I'm actually ready to get a different intake
I requested a different tune from Lund but they told me I had a vacuum leak
Well I don't have a vacuum leak
Which CAI should I try next?

TORQJNKY

I'm having these exact problems, I'm actually ready to get a different intake
I requested a different tune from Lund but they told me I had a vacuum leak
Well I don't have a vacuum leak
Which CAI should I try next?

Funny, I have Jay's 127mm CF intake and a Lund tune. I've used Jay's old shroud with old filter, old shroud with new filter and the new shroud with new filter and have never had issues of stalling with any of these combinations. I have some slight low speed surge/throttle hang when coming to a stop sign but I fully believe that could be tuned out on a dyno.

Below is Jay's new shroud and dry version of the new filter

Last edited:

Tucker

I'm sorry you feel this is the problem with the intake without even trying a new tune.

I spoke with another very good tuner yesterday and he informed me he has had this with every brand of intake to some degree, but has been able to tune it out.

There is no huge difference between our product and the next, so I don't see how it's so easy to point a finger at a tube that flows air.

Double check for an air leak, maybe it's tiny, but most likely not.

We stand behind our product 100%, so if you find something wrong with it please give me a call and we can take care of it ASAP.

TORQJNKY- Throttle hang is a good thing that is written into the tune. It makes for a smooth transition down to normal idle rpm and cars have been doing this for years.
RPMs should come down slowly when coming to a stop, like hang at 1200 for a few, then 1000 then settle at normal idle.

TORQJNKY

IMO good customer service would be to replace the filter free of charge.

:lol: This is ludacris! Companies make continuing improvements to products all the time. Using your "good customer service" logic, Ford would have to give you a new Mustang every time they made a design change. :rollseyes Sounds like someone wants something for free.

TORQJNKY- Throttle hang is a good thing that is written into the tune. It makes for a smooth transition down to normal idle rpm and cars have been doing this for years. RPMs should come down slowly when coming to a stop, like hang at 1200 for a few, then 1000 then settle at normal idle.

That is exactly, to the word, how my car drives. Then my car runs perfectly with the JLT 127mm intake. Thanks Jay :beer:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Funny, I have Jay's 127mm CF intake and a Lund tune. I've used Jay's old shroud with old filter, old shroud with new filter and the new shroud with new filter and have never had issues of stalling with any of these combinations. I have some slight low speed surge/throttle hang when coming to a stop sign but I fully believe that could be tuned out on a dyno.

Below is Jay's new shroud and dry version of the new filter

Do you have the intake & tune on a 2013 Shelby GT500, or an earlier year?

Derek5774

Established Member
I really don't want to take the intake off, I love the way it looks but I haven't been able to get a tune that works this problem out

Derek5774

Established Member
mine is on a 2013 GT500 and I have a Lund Tune, I told Lund about it and they never sent me a different tune, I have been trying to get a custom tune but haven't been able to yet

Tucker

mine is on a 2013 GT500 and I have a Lund Tune, I told Lund about it and they never sent me a different tune, I have been trying to get a custom tune but haven't been able to yet

Kind of my point.

As I explained in this thread, we have 1 mold for CF and 1 mold for plastic.
Every single tube comes out the same everytime.
So we have people in this thread with an issue and some without.

Now, every car doesn't respond to mods the same and every tune (that controls thousands of peramters) isn't the same.

See what I'm saying? Why is it the intake when a car runs bad, but the tune when it runs great?:shrug:

You haven't even had a tune adjustment, but you say you "can't get a tune that works out the problem"

I'm confused, how many tunes have you tried?

breoland

Established Member
Hey Tucker...Do you supply the correct mass air transfer functions for your intake tubes or is this something the tuner needs to figure out on his own?

Derek5774

Established Member
Tucker, I'm not saying that the Intake the the cause of the issue, I really like the 127mm carbon fiber intake,
I told Lund about it and they said that the tune is correct and won't send me an adjusted tune. I haven't been able to get a custom tune done, I have been trying to find a tuner to try to fix the issues, but every time I am available he isn't, and every the tuner is available I am at work
I'm not saying that it is the intake, just saying it looks like my only option as of now,
can you recommend me to anyone besides Lund that would be willing to help me with these issues? I am willing to buy another tune before changing the CAI

blackshelby

I'm not saying that it is the intake, just saying it looks like my only option as of now,
can you recommend me to anyone besides Lund that would be willing to help me with these issues? I am willing to buy another tune before changing the CAI

PM sent.

I know an excellent tuner that has done tons of these cars, and would be more than happy to work with you to solve your issues.

Last edited:

Tucker

No we do not make MAF transfer functions for our kits to give to tuners, but we do send them to SCT and Diablosport for them to make it for there software. That's normal procedure, but sometimes takes a while to get out to the SCT dealers. (out of my control)

But, being a "tuner" this is something that should be quite easy and for the popular ones in the field now it is.

Remember, while email tunes can be very good and for the most part are, nearly all tunes can benifit from a dyno or street tune in person.

Just below that is doing a datalog session with your tuner. They can see what your cars doing without even being there.

Sometimes the tune made for one car doesn't work exactly the same in another, it may need a tweak.

Users who are viewing this thread