13/14 500 - '16 GT350 segue thoughts

majmacv

Back in the Saddle
Established Member
Who has/is currently vacillating on going from a ’13/14 GT500 to a ’16 GT 350? I’m certain I’m not alone in being smitten with the 350 and it’s refined posture, but I can’t help wondering if I’d be bit underwhelmed coming from the HP and TQ of a ‘14 500. I know, the 350 is a "completely different focus" and plausibly targeted at a different demographic, but I’m becoming more enamored as I read about it, and can very-likely get one at MSRP. I’ve even got the wife on-board (prolonged good behavior, promise of a puppy, etc). I think what is getting me is the thought of limited modding of the FPC, as modding is why most of us engage in these vehicles in the first place! I dunno....

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Once a modder always a modder. Hold off as long as you might, eventually, you'll cave.

Get a GT350. Life is too short.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I say do it, but not until you negotiate a new contract with your wife.

Get the small things she wants before you make the move, that way she owes you. Otherwise that small favor you promised her is going to mature into something awful.

hognutz

Established Member
I personally think it comes down to what you enjoy in a car. if it is the all around drive handling, speed, comfort, etc the GT350 I think will be quite a bit better.

Now if you like rolling out on the highway and roll racing from 60-130 this car will not do it as well keep the GT500 they do well there and if you not used to a more composed handling car it won't bother you not to have it.

I had a 07 C6 Z06. That car had similar speed to 13/14 GT500. it had a lot of mechanical grip but was kind of scary towards the limit so at time I was afraid to push it too far. Then a bought a Zl1. Stock they are down on power to C6z or Gt500 but on normal roads the car was just more fun to drive than either of the other cars because it was easier to drive fast. It was composed, comfortable, etc I modded it to ~585 to the wheels might have been just a tick slower than the other two but felt real similar from behind the wheel. I would just stomp GTr's and other cars from a roll but it was heavy was hard to launch without DR at that power level and weight.

Now comes the GT350. way better interior, higher revving motor, not quite as much low end which on street tires under 70 might be nice,. I think from a just a Joy of driving the car this car will shine. I think it will be slower than my C6Z, Hellcat, modded Zl1 but it could very well be more fun to drive than all of them on just a fun back road drive or at the track. I don't have to have the fastest car from a roll on the block to be happy though. If ford did there job right it should mod easy to 500whp and at it's weight that is an 11 second car on street rubber which is what most of these cars are. very few dip the tens without tire and at this point in my life I don't get to the track much I just drive the car for fun.

Last edited:

HighTorque

Established Member
If i could have both i would keep my 14 and get a 350. But as of now i feel i would miss the seat of my pants accelration and speen of my 500 if i were to make the move over to the 350. I had a boss 302 and upgraded to the shelby and never looked back.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I personally think it comes down to what you enjoy in a car. if it is the all around drive handling, speed, comfort, etc the GT350 I think will be quite a bit better.

Now if you like rolling out on the highway and roll racing from 60-130 this car will not do it as well keep the GT500 they do well there and if you not used to a more composed handling car it won't bother you not to have it.

I had a 07 C6 Z06. That car had similar speed to 13/14 GT500. it had a lot of mechanical grip but was kind of scary towards the limit so at time I was afraid to push it too far. Then a bought a Zl1. Stock they are down on power to C6z or Gt500 but on normal roads the car was just more fun to drive than either of the other cars because it was easier to drive fast. It was composed, comfortable, etc I modded it to ~585 to the wheels might have been just a tick slower than the other two but felt real similar from behind the wheel. I would just stomp GTr's and other cars from a roll but it was heavy was hard to launch without DR at that power level and weight.

Now comes the GT350. way better interior, higher revving motor, not quite as much low end which on street tires under 70 might be nice,. I think from a just a Joy of driving the car this car will shine. I think it will be slower than my C6Z, Hellcat, modded Zl1 but it could very well be more fun to drive than all of them on just a fun back road drive or at the track. I don't have to have the fastest car from a roll on the block to be happy though. If ford did there job right it should mod easy to 500whp and at it's weight that is an 11 second car on street rubber which is what most of these cars are. very few dip the tens without tire and at this point in my life I don't get to the track much I just drive the car for fun.

Very well said.

(Looks at sig and see's Hellcat !)
Well thats all the seat of the pants rush you need ! The GT350will fill in the driver parts for sure.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
For "me" I'd keep the 500 and skip the 350.

If I had the cash I'd add a 350 to the stable and if I didn't own the 500 then I'd either get the hellcat, the 350 or the raptor.

If I did go hellcat I'd have to get rid of the scat pack.
**** all this I'm keeping what I got but only you can decide for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread