13/14 Coolant Pump

KRS

Established Member
Has anyone installed a 13/14 heat exchanger coolant pump on an 11/12 in the factory 13/14 location?

Does anyone have a photo of the coolant hose that goes from the pump to the heat exchanger? I'm interested to see where it goes through the rad support.

Last edited:

KRS

Established Member
Any photos of the routing of the coolant line on the driver's side that goes from the pump to the heat exchanger?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Any photos of the routing of the coolant line on the driver's side that goes from the pump to the heat exchanger?

I have looked at the 2013/14 H/E-I/C cooling system parts breakdown on the Ford parts computer and it appears that from the I/C pump on the front of the drivers cyl. head to the H/E, the hose follows the same path as the oem 2007-2012 hose. The hose on the passenger side goes through on the passenger side of the radiator core on the 2013/14 from what I see in the pictures, which I believe is different from the 2007-2012.

I had mentioned this in a previous post somewhere.............Installing the 2013/14 I/C pump on a electric steering 2011/12 should not be a big deal at all once all of the oem 2013/14 pump parts are purchased. The VMP wire harness that extends/relocates the 2007-2012 I/C pump can be used to get the power to the drivers side cyl. head area and a solder and heat shrink of the correct oem pigtail end on that VMP harness can make this install of the 2013/14 pump a plug-and-play on a 2011/12 and keep an oem installed look.

The 2013/14 I/C reservoir and pump hose is over $200 by itself, and then the hoses that go to the H/E and cost of the pump and its hardware. Last week I priced all three of the 2013/14 I/C-H/E hoses from Ford, they were about $550 my cost. <<Just for the 3 hoses and I don't believe they are offered through the aftermarket...........

I have all the rest of these parts (except the hoses) for future install on my 2008, once I figure out what I am going to do with the one P/S hydraulic steel line that is in the way on my 2008. All total, so far including the $100+ VMP harness, I have $500-$600 in parts (I think) maybe a little less, and then the $550 in correct hoses are still in the future to purchase.............

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Here is a picture of that unique $200+ hose for the 2013/14 pump/reservoir application.........

pipe1_zps9l7uhcrl.jpg

and the factory mounting location and mounting points for the 2013/14 pump.........

pump2_zpsu1sysoev.jpg

pump3_zps0tg7v1kr.jpg

R

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Robert, is it difficult to fabricate the setup to get the 13/14' pump to fit on an 07-09' in their factory location on the heat exchanger?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert, is it difficult to fabricate the setup to get the 13/14' pump to fit on an 07-09' in their factory location on the heat exchanger?

Probably not but some sort of bracket would have to be made for the pump mount and then the pump connection, and I have thought about this too. I will be installing the Shelby C&R Competition H/E which, unlike the smaller C&R, does not have a pump mount on the H/E, so I decided to move all of it to the 2013/14 oem location and look factory installed instead of cobbling something together. <<The problem with this?...........it is more costly.

R

Last edited:

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
That IC hose is on ebay right now for $89.99. Maybe a good opportunity to grab it cheap.

pipe1.jpg

LEXiiON

KRS

Established Member
LEXiiON,

I looked for the hose but I think Robert or someone else might have got it.

Ken

Last edited:

KRS

Established Member
I have looked at the 2013/14 H/E-I/C cooling system parts breakdown on the Ford parts computer and it appears that from the I/C pump on the front of the drivers cyl. head to the H/E, the hose follows the same path as the oem 2007-2012 hose. The hose on the passenger side goes through on the passenger side of the radiator core on the 2013/14 from what I see in the pictures, which I believe is different from the 2007-2012.
R

It looks to me like the passenger side hose is in pretty close to the same location.

Last edited:

heatsoaked12

Established Member
For those that plan on upgrading their heat exchanger, vans premium unit flows really well and you may not even need to upgrade your pump. Judging by my coolant flow post vans hx upgrade, I would say it flows about 30 percent more. The water in the tank is really flying compared to before and when the computer calls for intercooler pump to run, the temps drop real quick.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
It looks to me like the passenger side hose is in pretty close to the same location.
The seller had 2 available this morning. Both are gone by now. I guess I should ask for commission. Those hoses have been listed for 2 months or so.
LEXiiON

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm planning on upgrading to the 13/14 pump as well. My question though is does the pump plug into the factory 07-09 connector?
I already have the VMP H/E which comes with the same relocation kit for the 13/14 pump, but I don't know about the plug.

KRS

Established Member
The plug won't fit, here's a photo of a pigtail that will fit the 13/14 pump. The other end of the pigtail won't fit your stock harness though. Photo is courtesy of Tob.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Been out of touch, a time with the family at the beach for a couple of days, beautiful weather here in Central Fla.

I had not looked at it, but I was thinking the passenger side came across the top of the H/E connected to the pump, and then followed the same path as the drivers side hose into the engine compartment, but now that I looked at it, you are right it is on the passenger side, so the difference would only be the height of the H/E depending upon which H/E is installed, of course a taller H/E would not line up with the current 2007-2012 hose and will need to be trimmed shorter.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm planning on upgrading to the 13/14 pump as well. My question though is does the pump plug into the factory 07-09 connector?
I already have the VMP H/E which comes with the same relocation kit for the 13/14 pump, but I don't know about the plug.

The harness shown in post #13 plugs into the 2013/14 pump, but that harness does not match the 2007-2012 VMP H/E pump harness. The harness shown in post #13 needs to be plugged into the harness shown below, and then that pigtail needs to be removed from the harness it is attached to and soldered to the VMP harness to be 2007-2012 at the lower end, and 2013/14 at the upper end.................

002_zpsbzhnxnp5.jpg

003_zpsmeqfobbs.jpg

This is why I mentioned some soldering and heat shrinking would need to be done to get the 2007-2012 VMP harness to work with the 2013/14 pump.

.........and for those who are asking "what does that gray plastic piece do on that pump harness????

There is a stud/bolt on the lower front corner of the 2013/14 valve cover, that gray plastic piece slides over that stud and holds that harness in place..............for that "factory installed look"..........

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Below is a picture of the oem 2013/14 harness attached, and also shown is that little gray plastic piece that is attached to that pump harness..........

IntercoolerElectricalConnector_zpsmwzuvf7h.jpg

R

KRS

Established Member
image.jpegI have picked up the majority of the parts that I need to install the 13/14 pump on my 2011. The second harness (top right) that plugs into the short lead on the pump, also connects to the mass air sensor. It then connects into the main harness at the air filter housing. The factory plug that it connects to on my 2011 has the provision For 6-pins pins but only 4 are used. The 13/14 harness uses all 6 pins, the extra two are for the pump. Has anyone ever disassembled a factory plug and added pins to it? Does anyone know where I can get (or a part number) for a pigtail that I can remove two pins from?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread