13-14 GT500 Rear diffuser install?

Dinosgt

Established Member
Folks:

I buggered up my OEM rear diffuser on my 13 GT500 slightly, so like any other anally retentive person would do, I bought a new one.

Everything I read says I have to remove the rear bumper to replace it, but in every case, these were the folks that are converting a standard GT to the GT500 look. In my case, I am simply trying to replace the same part.

I have been able to remove all the clips etc., but I am afraid to try to force it off now. Rather than start pulling, I thought I would seek the collective wisdom of the fine folks in this forum.

Anyone done this, and can offer some insight?

Many thanks
Dino

Dinosgt

Established Member
Folks:

I buggered up my OEM rear diffuser on my 13 GT500 slightly, so like any other anally retentive person would do, I bought a new one.

Everything I read says I have to remove the rear bumper to replace it, but in every case, these were the folks that are converting a standard GT to the GT500 look. In my case, I am simply trying to replace the same part.

I have been able to remove all the clips etc., but I am afraid to try to force it off now. Rather than start pulling, I thought I would seek the collective wisdom of the fine folks in this forum.

Anyone done this, and can offer some insight?

Many thanks
Dino

Its getting lonely in here....no one?

zsommer79

Established Member
I switched one out on a regular GT a few years back so memory is a little fuzzy but I think it is just snaps into place and has a couple screws. If you got everything undone the piece should come off, but you may need to push up/down on some of the tabs to get them to release. With the GT you had to take the bumper off to cut off some material so the new diffuser fit.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Maybe this will help.
From the 2014 Mustang Service Manual

Attachments

• 2013-14 Mustang Bumper Cover — Rear — REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION.pdf
    507.1 KB · Views: 183

Dinosgt

Established Member
[QUSnoo. 49, post: 15520698, member: 138649"]Maybe this will help.
From the 2014 Mustang Service Manual[/QUOTE]

Thanks gents, appreciate the feedback. Im still not sure its doable, but we will see...

Cheers

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
I think the answer you are looking for is yes, you could swap the rear diffuser with the cover still on the car. It is held on with just push pins and clips. However it takes maybe 5 minutes tops to remove the bumper cover, and with that off the car would make the job much much easier.

Dinosgt

Established Member
I think the answer you are looking for is yes, you could swap the rear diffuser with the cover still on the car. It is held on with just push pins and clips. However it takes maybe 5 minutes tops to remove the bumper cover, and with that off the car would make the job much much easier.

Wrapping up the thread for everyone's benefit. You can not get the diffuser off without taking off the bumper. You can get to every clip except three in the middle section from underneath. The last three require the rear section be removed.

Live and learn...

6a626a83c44c9207069e01f21046a131.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dinosgt

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread