'13-'14 gt500

440sprint

Established Member
Other than minor defects with your '13-'14 GT500, has anyone had any factory defects repaired under the factory 36,000 mile/36 mo warranty?

Will you purchase an extended warranty before 36K miles or 36 mos? If so, from who?

I've had none at 18 mos & 5800 miles! I'll never reach 36K miles by 36 mos!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I havn't had anything significant done (back black panel around the fake gas cap had a blemish upon delivery. They replaced it immediately). I'd like to get the door handle double pull fixed but just not bothered by it enough to justify letting a dealership anywhere near it.

As for adding an extended warranty…no point when I'll risk voiding it with mods soon anyway.

14GT500Robert

Established Member
It's a hard call, if you plan to keep the car and drive it , the warranty might be a good idea. That's the thing you never know. Things can get expensive very quick with AC units, modern electronics etc....., also one other thing to consider if you sell it , and it's transferable that's a nice selling point. It really helped me on a previous car sale.however the dealer will not give you any extra on a trade in, only private sale.

IMHO ,I would find a good deal and buy it right before the deadline.

It takes only one time for it to go into the shop & that is not cheap.
I think it is worth the extra money especially if a Transmission has a problem or even the heart beat has a problem [5.8L] or even the Radio,or all the electric compontes decide to go bad.
These High Performance cars can get really expensive quick & good to have this Insurance Plan on this unique unit for peace of mind & the POCKET BOOK.
Just my thinking.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
It takes only one time for it to go into the shop & that is not cheap.
I think it is worth the extra money especially if a Transmission has a problem or even the heart beat has a problem [5.8L] or even the Radio,or all the electric compontes decide to go bad.
These High Performance cars can get really expensive quick & good to have this Insurance Plan on this unique unit for peace of mind & the POCKET BOOK.
Just my thinking.
+1. Most folks seem to focus on the powertrain which, while important, is not the only thing covered by plans like the Ford ESP PremiumCARE one I bought. It covers over 1000 components, including "Electronics", "High Tech", "Air Conditioning and Heating", and "Ford Audio". IMO, the $775 I paid for a 7yr/48K mile/$0 deductible plan is cheap (and transferrable) insurance. Based on experience with other (Ford) vehicles, it will take only 1-2 dealer visits to recoup my cost. Based on those odds, I'm willing to "risk" the $775...

Last edited:

big_ole_truck

Established Member
I think my car's defect is built-in, by design. It swallows gasoline, lots of it. But the experience leaves a smile on my face.

As for extended warranty, I like to keep the money instead of purchasing it during the factory warranty. If your car becomes problematic during the factory warranty period, you can decide either to ditch it to avoid future headaches or buy the extended warranty before the eligibility period expires. I see no real benefit of having the extended warranty during the first 3 yrs/36k miles.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I see no real benefit of having the extended warranty during the first 3 yrs/36k miles.
While I agree in principle, the warranties are cheaper if purchased within the first year. (IIRC, mine costs ~$100 more after that. For me, the 13% savings was worth pulling the trigger sooner instead of later.)

Users who are viewing this thread