13-14 TR6060 in a 2012?

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
I don't think anybody has done this yet but I wonder if it will bolt right in with no modifications. I honestly would like the longer first gear in the new 13-14 trans compared to the stump puller first gear that's in the 12's. Plus that would make the 1-2 shit a bit more forgiving.

Anybody even think about doing this?

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
I believe they do fit. Someone with a 2011 had their car in for the grind issues and as I understand was able to get their trans replaced with the '14 trans.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The service part for '07-'12 years is definitely not a '13/'14 transmission.

The issue in attempting to fit the latest transmission into an earlier year car is at the output shaft. The spline count was increased and as such the '07-'12 fixed flanges will not bolt up.

IMG_9941copy.jpg

IMG_9940copy.jpg

But with the newer transmission swapped in you could also purchase and install the newer style flange. Then the issue become one of the driveshaft. Your '07-'12 shaft uses a u-joint up front whereas the '13/'14 shaft uses a CV joint. You could then swap in the newer shaft as well and be using all factory parts. The issue though is co$t...

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
I would end up doing the 13 drive shaft/ flange retrofit as well. I still have the stock 2 piece shaft which needs an upgrade anyway. :) I still have the stock clutch too. That would be taken care of at the same time. The stock clutch still holds fine but it has a weird noise when cold if the car sits for a few days. Almost sounds like a car horn when im taking off in first gear slipping it a little. Might be chatter. All I have to do is beat on it a little and it goes away for a week or so. I think its because I drive it like a granny a lot. LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread