13-14 tyc tail lights????

Gster

Established Member
Ok, so I've been looking around for a passenger side 13-14 led tail light and I didn't want to pay ridiculous amounts or buy a scratched up one on eBay. After searching around I was able to come across Auto Parts Warehouse and they had the tail lights for ridiculously cheap brand new. About 920 a pair and 480 a side, but used a coupon and came out to 400. Now of course I went through and ordered no questions asked. But after talking to a friend he pointed out that the ad said TYC on the tail light. I also called auto parts warehouse to confirm and they couldn't give me any detail in regards to this, besides that the light is an aftermarket replica.

Now my question is has anyone come across a 13-14 tyc tail light and had any experience with it or what? I've searched the web, but come across no information. The light comes tomorrow via FedEx, so I'll keep you guys posted in correspondence to that. However, any one have any constructive input on what to expect?

thanks,
(sorry for long post)

gio

RusWolf

Established Member
If they really are made by TYC they should be good quality.

On one of my previous cars (Scion tC Release series 3.0) TYC tails were installed from the factory because the car was slightly modded by TRD and were fully covered. So i think if toyota trusts TYC and covers their products with factory warranty you can trust them as well.

As long it's the same TYC brand we are talking about lol.

Last edited:

Gster

Established Member
The tyc light came in and everything was legit except for when you turned on the turn signal. The light would blink rapidly as if something were blown. I tried switching harnesses and the light continued to blink rapidly. I don't know if possibly only my unit was trash or if this is a regular issue with TYC lights. However to anyone considering going with TYC as a cheap alternative. I say don't. Shell out the extra bucks for OEM.

John Mroczek

Stang9185
Established Member
I found a pair of these brand new 650 + shipping so I was wondering. I have a 12 GT if I'd have that same issue or would I need anything?

F.D.Sako

Established Member
I'm not familiar with any of the taillight assemblies, but if the resistors were in the factory taillight housing that you replaced, then you need to add external resistors if the TYC does not come with pre-wired resistors wired in the housing... just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread