'13 5.0 Auto Tune/Radial only 12.20@118

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
2013 5.0 Auto. Only performance mods are BAMA 93R tune and drag pack. Tires are 295/55/15 ET Streets.

First pass off the street was a 12.25@117, let it cool down, 12.24@112(let off too soon)... then my best pass of the night below. 60's were all 1.86+ on my better runs, couldnt get it down to save my life. dropped tire pressure from 21ish to 17, didnt help but .02 (1.84), hurt my traps considerably.

2013 5.0 Mustang 12.20@118 - YouTube

400646_10151425120772647_1690083646_n.jpg

zemog255

Established Member
Nice runs!! I had the exact same 60ft as you 1.86 but on stock tires for 5 passes. I think thats just all the car had. I had the same tune also. Best on a cold day was a 12.08@113. I never pulled that kind of mph though thats awesome. My best was 114.

N20JUNKY

Established Member
Casper gt had great times with 4.10's, the stock intake, and stock converter. On my car with the stock converter, boss intake, and 3.73's my best time was a 11.79 @ 117

Im thinking of going with 4.10's now and going back with the stock intake so I dont have to turn the engine so many rpm's

My Monster

Established Member
Great runs and a great looking car. Coastal was slick as snot last night, I couldn't get the car to hook at all. Congrats

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
Great runs and a great looking car. Coastal was slick as snot last night, I couldn't get the car to hook at all. Congrats

Thanks. What were you in? GT500? if so, i think we ran once? maybe?

edit: yup, if thats u in the charcoal gt500, i got a video. post it in a min. times were blurred though, camera didnt wanna focus :(

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

My Monster

Established Member
That was me. Love the Shelby but trying to hook with those 20's just isn't going to happen. She does just fine on the street, both times at coastal she just spun past the 1/8th mile mark. Something morbidly fun about getting a little sideways just before half track. Lol
We did run and you soundly handed me my ass. I am looking at a set of Welds soon.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
That was me. Love the Shelby but trying to hook with those 20's just isn't going to happen. She does just fine on the street, both times at coastal she just spun past the 1/8th mile mark. Something morbidly fun about getting a little sideways just before half track. Lol
We did run and you soundly handed me my ass. I am looking at a set of Welds soon.

haha i hear ya. i tried dropping pressure and spun past the 330' on the freakin et streets so i imagine u were spinning ur ass off. and im sure on the street ud kill me.

heres our run

006 - YouTube

My Monster

Established Member
Would be nice if they did a lot more track prep but I do enjoy that particular strip. Surprised to hear the Mickey's spun that bad especially the size you're running. How was it at mid track?

I drove straight in from New Bern and was heat soaked, last time out it was trapping 116 heat soaked as well but the temps were in the 60s. Still made for an entertaining time. Just got back into going after a 7 year hiatus, used to go all the time with the MACH.

Thanks for the video and I'll catch you out there again soon.

fctrywrkr

5.SL0
Established Member
Would be nice if they did a lot more track prep but I do enjoy that particular strip. Surprised to hear the Mickey's spun that bad especially the size you're running. How was it at mid track?

I drove straight in from New Bern and was heat soaked, last time out it was trapping 116 heat soaked as well but the temps were in the 60s. Still made for an entertaining time. Just got back into going after a 7 year hiatus, used to go all the time with the MACH.

Thanks for the video and I'll catch you out there again soon.

yea hit me up. i came straight off the street and rain a 12.25@117 which was better than i expected. never got much better after that, slightly, but nothing to talk about. gimme a shout sometime, ima hobbyist photographer if u ever want pix of the car. 9102645958- matt

Users who are viewing this thread