13' 5.0 vs 06' GTO

MoonRider

Established Member
My friend and I had a few races tonight.
Both cars are stock 2013 5.0 M6 3.31s and his is a 2006 ls2 GTO A4
I did have a passenger with me GTO no passengers

First race was from a 10 roll I did the three honks and off we went. I power shifted in to 2nd and started to pull on the Goat grab 3rd and had a car on him went to 4th and had him by 2.5-3 cars at little over 120

Second race was a dead stop we lined up again my passenger did the 1,2,3 Go ! I launched at 3,500rpms :burnout: lit the tires up pretty good had to pedal it and short shifted to 2nd. GTO had same problem the auto shifted early So we side by side till I hit 3rd then started to pull him hit 4th and had pulled him 2cars.

Well after those races he still wanted to run again :bash: so this time we did a 50 roll I geared down to 2nd and did the three honks he stayed with me till I pulled 3rd gear started a slow pull hit 4th and pulled him a car shut down around 125

I'm surprised with the 5.0 its a very strong running car. The GTO is a strong runner too I have seen it run 8.4s in the 1/8 mile on street tires now I'm wanting to track the 5.0 and see what it can really do. :thumbsup:

Spiney

Established Member
Where, what type of roads were you able to do this multiple times without traffic getting in the way?

For everyone's safety you should just go to grudge night at the track. IMHO. Stay safe my friend.

MoonRider

Established Member
Nice man, 5.0's and the GTO's 6.0 are really strong motors!
Thanks
Yeah after owning a 6.0GTO I had to learn the 5.0s power band it really pulls up top

Where, what type of roads were you able to do this multiple times without traffic getting in the way?

For everyone's safety you should just go to grudge night at the track. IMHO. Stay safe my friend.

Were I live your lucky to see a car at 1am on this 4lane road I'm not a ricer and race in traffic that would be a no no for me also they where not back to back I should say there was some in between time each run of talk and what mods would help me and him. Yeah I mostly only do the race track but its a Saturday in to Sunday not nothing better to do why not line them up for some fun not like Im doing it every weekend just once in a blue moon

Hoon

Established Member

This is a street racing section. :??:

gearhead08

Established Member

Thank you oh great voice of reason.... like we didn't know that already.

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member

:rollseyes

OP, good kill! I've yet to run a stock 5.0. I also have an A4, so hope the results are as close as yours :beer:

ramstein

Established Member
Nice man, 5.0's and the GTO's 6.0 are really strong motors!

Strong compare to what? 330ish lbft tq on a 3600 lb car? Put only 2 cars on 7 year old GTO with auto. I don't understand why people so impressed with 5.0s. It is a base, cheap, muscle car that really doesn't stand out in any way. LS3 camaros are not much slower, 392 chargers and challengers are just as fast. People who drive these 5.0s don't realize that they drive one of the most basic and slowest performance cars made today.
C6Zo6 that is strong, new Gt500, Twin screw Terminators, cammed LS3, GTR, those can be called astrong because they are, but a stockish 5.0????
Well, maybe for someone who never owned or driven a truly fast car they seem impressive, I guess i can understand that.
If I was on the market right now for a car I'd either get something more rare and special or just not buy anything rather than buying a mustang GT.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Strong compare to what? 330ish lbft tq on a 3600 lb car? Put only 2 cars on 7 year old GTO with auto. I don't understand why people so impressed with 5.0s. It is a base, cheap, muscle car that really doesn't stand out in any way. LS3 camaros are not much slower, 392 chargers and challengers are just as fast. People who drive these 5.0s don't realize that they drive one of the most basic and slowest performance cars made today.
C6Zo6 that is strong, new Gt500, Twin screw Terminators, cammed LS3, GTR, those can be called astrong because they are, but a stockish 5.0????
Well, maybe for someone who never owned or driven a truly fast car they seem impressive, I guess i can understand that.
If I was on the market right now for a car I'd either get something more rare and special or just not buy anything rather than buying a mustang GT.

:bored: really? So a 30k GT isn't faster that a 60k GT500, z06, or GT-R? You don't say:bash:

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member

Comparing TS Terminators, a ****in monster 2013 GT500, Cammed cars, and way more expensive GTR to a stock 5.0, great post, we need more of you.

EDiT: 2K is faster then me :rockon:

Last edited:

ComfortableLiar

Established Member
Yeah a $30k 5.0 that comes from the factory with 420hp and 390tq is just SO UNimpressive… I bet your 06 350Z is just an absolute beast of a rare unattainable dream of a performance machine.

Wildman113

Established Member

First off, let me say that I don't own a 5.0.

Secondly, why all the hate? Its the fastest new car you can buy for less than $31,000. They are very strong runners in stock form, and they are a great platform to build off of. With a Boss intake, exhaust, and some basic mods, they run 11's and are still daily drivers. Look at the competition, Hyundai Genesis?? Slow piece of shit. Nissan 370Z?? Expensive, and still slow. The only competition is has is the Camaro SS, and they are about dead even in terms of performance.

I don't know about you, but I'd be hesistant to daily drive a 662HP $65,000 GT500. I don't even daily drive my '04 Cobra.

Coming from the 4.6 3V, the Coyote 5.0 is everything Mustang fans were asking for, and more. I'm not really sure why you're so hell bent on bashing it, you sound ridiculous.

***EDIT***

I just saw that you drive a piece of shit 350Z and a Honda Civic. Are you serious lol??? GTFO, you are a joke.

350Z is the biggest pile of shit ever made, they have problems with EVERYTHING, and the VQ is known for having a severe appetitite for oil.

Looks like someone is jealous of the power the 5.0 makes right out of the box and its ability to make great power when modded. You could do every bolt on ever invented for your 350Z and still not even touch a stock 5.0. Get a life.

Last edited:

MoonRider

Established Member

I guess I just don't know what a fast car is after haven a mid 10sec fox body coupe or a 9sec 05 GTO . If I really wanted to buy a terminator,zo6,or gt500 I could have but why buy one when I need a DD it would be a waste to rack up miles on rare cars like that when I could buy a GT drive the hell out it ,mod it to death and at the end of the day its still a GT that I know they build 100s of 1000s of so what and don't have to worry about ruining a rare car . Also really you got a 350z lmao VQ motors lol also you might one want to add a ls to that z to give it some go but sounds like it might already be to much for you to handle

RED06RED6SP

Established Member
Good kill,OP. Any one not willing to respect the new 5.0, is either uninformed, or blinded by brand loyalty. Stock for stock, with equal drivers, the smaller cube 5.0 owns the larger cube 6.0 . That's just the way it is. And it DOES NOT pain me to say so.

Last edited:

Sinovac

Established Member

What a dickhead.

Users who are viewing this thread