'13 Boss guys, fuel mileage?

fiveoboy01

Established Member
I only have a GT but a friend bought a '13 Boss, he's got about 1500 miles on it now.

What are you guys seeing for mileage in town and highway? He says he's only getting 120 miles to a tank. He sent me a snapshot of his dash today and at half a tank indicated, it said 88 miles to empty. He says if he goes easy on it, he gets 11-12 mpg in town driving.

To me this seems wrong, as my GT does a lot better, but I don't know how much more fuel thirsty a Boss is. I didn't think it could be that much, but maybe I'm wrong. My friend is going WTF because he thinks it should be better. Hell I don't even know what the window sticker says for mileage.

What are your experiences with fuel mileage?

Poppacapp

Established Member
Wow.. I thought my pullied GT500 was bad at 17mpg average.. getting around 220 miles out of a tank before i fill back up

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
Around 16.8 city/highway mixed. I'm pretty nice to it most of the time, shifting around 3000-3500 RPMs. I have about 1300 miles on mine, bought Oct 10th.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I drove mine to Daytona a couple weeks ago and got 21 going 80-90 all the way.

Around town I'd say 13-15mpg.

I have a tune, x pipe, CAI.

Hillbillyred

Established Member
I have just over 2000 miles on mine and I'm averaging 17.7 with a few spot checks of just over 19. This includes one auto-x day so far and I do not have a light foot.

Muzner

Established Member
I normally average around 18 or 19 on a tank of mixed driving. I get 20+ on a trip, I'm at 3000 miles.

straightliner1

Established Member
I'm the guy the OP is referring to.

When I drove the car home from Las Vegas, 500 or so miles I was seeing 23 MPG highway and 318~ miles to empty on the dash display. Now in town I'm lucky to see 180 MTE, and I'm seeing anywhere between 9.8MPG (leadfoot) to 12MPG cruising about. I've had 2 occurrences where the car started surging and threw a temporary check engine light. Once the light goes away, the idle smooths out. Strange...

I guess it's time to think about taking it in - again. I drove it home and straight to the dealer with a destroyed 5th gear. Ford chose wisely and installed a new transmission.
UGH!

fiveoboy01

Established Member
Well shit if I'd known you were here I'd have told you to post yourself. ******.

Seriously I hope you figure it out. I think there is something wrong there.

Last edited:

LostPony

Established Member
Are you using all gears or allowing skip shift to take it to 4th? I rarely use the skip shift, but will shift 1-3-5 sometimes. Also I noticed a slight bump in MPG using the TracKey on the street. I get about 23 highway, and average high teens to 20 mixed.

edit for added info: The best I saw was tooling down a 2 lane at about 60. I got over 26 MPG

Last edited:

DommerEOD

I'm Awesome
Established Member
Just finished my first tank a fuel a day ago. 15.5 mpg. I made sure to let the engine breathe after the 100 mile mark.

I just left a '11 STI for this car that I could squeeze 25 out of around town. Do not regret it one bit!!!!

F.D.Sako

Established Member
highest avg i've gotten per tank is little over 21.5mpg/, and i wasn't aiming for a good mpg 100% of the time.
usually i avg around 19mpg/tank with a good amount of heavy footing. but my dash shows 18mpg avg because i haven't reset the meter ever since i got the car, which now has ~6k mi.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
13-15 in town... 19-23 highway.... My car is
8 months old and has 4k miles....is averaging 15.4 since the day I picked it up. Mostly city shifting 3-4k most of the lower gears... 2.5-3k upper gears. If I light foot it in the city I can get 15-16... Any spirited driving and its more like 13...

Users who are viewing this thread