13 GT/CS dyno A6

Angry50

Established Member
Had my car Dyno yesterday car mad 393WHP and 391 WTQ. it was pretty humid and rainy so probably could have done better but i think its pretty good good for basically intake and exhaust with tune. the 390 and 388 was a mike rousch base tune and i went ahead and had Tony G tune it while i was there and can get it done all at once. i was hoping to crack 400 but maybe in better weather. now for track times hehe

13dyno.JPG

Last edited:

hitmix300

Established Member
Awesome power man. I have be same car but I have a bunch of mods. It gets addicting be careful lol

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Those are great torque numbers. I would take that any day on the street versus making 400 whp and only like 370 torque. JMO

Angry50

Established Member
i want to run the track. i sitll have some suspension to put on. ya i was surprised by the torque. i didnt have any base line numbers so hard to compare but seems the autos make 350-360 stock

nordy racer

Established Member
congrats on the numbers, Mike is a nice guy and knows his stuff about those 6R80 trans..

Angry50

Established Member
just to clear things up the 2 sets of numbers are 2 different tunes. one is Mike Rousch tune which was based off half a data log i sent him. i was just going to datalog on the dyno but decided to go ahead and let Tony G (local Tuner) tune it since it will be awhile before i add any new HP parts. Mikes Tune was really good too i just wanted to get it all done at once as datalogging on the street is sketchy.

If i decide to add a torque converter or longtubes i will work with Mike on an updated tune. Next time i dyno tune will be after i do some kind of FI. as my next plans are suspension and drive shaft and other items and wont be able to afford FI for awhile.

Angry50

Established Member
just to clear things up the 2 sets of numbers are 2 different tunes. one is Mike Rousch tune which was based off half a data log i sent him. i was just going to datalog on the dyno but decided to go ahead and let Tony G (local Tuner) tune it since it will be awhile before i add any new HP parts. Mikes Tune was really good too i just wanted to get it all done at once as datalogging on the street is sketchy.

If i decide to add a torque converter or longtubes i will work with Mike on an updated tune. Next time i dyno tune will be after i do some kind of FI. as my next plans are suspension and drive shaft and other items and wont be able to afford FI for awhile.

Angry50

Established Member
When are you going to the track? How much am I leaving on the table staying with stock cats?

the stock cats are pretty restrictive. you can move to highflow cat or catless like i did. probably be enxt year for track as weather right now isnt so good.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Live on road logging (actual load) and tuning is the best way to go. Loading dyno (superflow/mustang) second. DynoJet marginal. JMO...

cjd223

Established Member
I would love to see a before/after dyno run, stock with tune, verses the same car with a full exhaust system. That would be long tube headers, off road pipe and free flow mufflers. I think your HP return per dollar spent would not be very good. I am guessing maybe 10-12 hp gain for a $1,600 to $2,000 investment.

Angry50

Established Member
I would love to see a before/after dyno run, stock with tune, verses the same car with a full exhaust system. That would be long tube headers, off road pipe and free flow mufflers. I think your HP return per dollar spent would not be very good. I am guessing maybe 10-12 hp gain for a $1,600 to $2,000 investment.

i think manual cars with full exhaust and tune are putting down 420-430 as opposed to 380ish with just tune. but each car is a little different

cjd223

Established Member
Wish I could find some hard data to support the actual gains. I have not been able to find that info yet. Guess it is like the CAI boxes. No HP increase over the stock box.

clc44

Established Member
Wish I could find some hard data to support the actual gains. I have not been able to find that info yet. Guess it is like the CAI boxes. No HP increase over the stock box.

JLT did a video, stock, then tuned, then JLT, then tuned again. Gained nice power every single time.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member

Guess all the bolt on's the guy's running from mid 11's to mid 10's have are a waste of time because CAI's, headers, and such aren't worth the money spent.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread