'13 gt500 compared to modded terminator

topless10th

Established Member
does anyone who has or had a modded terminator have their '13 yet? if so could you describe the differences in driving these two animals? with the exception of a 10th anny vert, i've always been a fox body guy and cant help wondering what the "13 will be like compared to something i have had. thanks john.

KsE

Established Member
I had a 03 coupe w/ kenne bell 2.2 @21psi, stock motor, full exhaust, yaddayadda. It trapped 131 and ran a best of 10.7 @128 on slicks.

The Gt500 feels like a different animal, power is very smooth and strong throughout the powerband. It's very awesome at triple digit speeds, unlike my 03. Stops better and handles better. All around different cars.

This platform is far ahead of the fox platform. All around better "feeling" car.

Just amazing really how this car feels in stock form...at times it's hard to imagine you're in a 662hp "mustang"

KsE

Established Member
P.s. this thing feels like a god damn luxuary car coming from
A viper coupe...and that's no lie.

Shhhh

Established Member
I had a 03 coupe w/ kenne bell 2.2 @21psi, stock motor, full exhaust, yaddayadda. It trapped 131 and ran a best of 10.7 @128 on slicks.

The Gt500 feels like a different animal, power is very smooth and strong throughout the powerband. It's very awesome at triple digit speeds, unlike my 03. Stops better and handles better. All around different cars.

This platform is far ahead of the fox platform. All around better "feeling" car.

Just amazing really how this car feels in stock form...at times it's hard to imagine you're in a 662hp "mustang"

I was wondering the same thing! I was curious how it would feel compared to my 2.8kb '03. Thanks for the intput :rockon:

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I had an 03 with a whipple stage 2 cams built motor nitrous, t56 magnum, level 5's. It was a monster...this car is so much more refined. You don't realize how fast your going. 70 feels like i'm creeping along. I'm sure i'll run across a terminator tonight for some comparing

KsE

Established Member
I had an 03 with a whipple stage 2 cams built motor nitrous, t56 magnum, level 5's. It was a monster...this car is so much more refined. You don't realize how fast your going. 70 feels like i'm creeping along. I'm sure i'll run across a terminator tonight for some comparing

I was cruising at 90-100mph last night on the eway, and was in awe, seriously felt like 60mph. My buddy was in utter shock when I told the speeds we were just cruising at.

It's a better car, definitely built for the power and speeds this car can do.

40calcobra

Established Member

Get it on video!

Kewlv8

Established Member

Oh no you Din't...

o2mc3.gif

lx347cid

Established Member
does anyone who has or had a modded terminator have their '13 yet? if so could you describe the differences in driving these two animals? with the exception of a 10th anny vert, i've always been a fox body guy and cant help wondering what the "13 will be like compared to something i have had. thanks john.

I would like to know this as well especially terminator guys with Whipple/KennBelle. Did the Terminator feel faster?

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
who cares. i love terminators, but according to the terminator crowd they can keep up with everything. this will turn into 57 pages of nutswinging fanboy circle jerks.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
who cares. i love terminators, but according to the terminator crowd they can keep up with everything. this will turn into 57 pages of nutswinging fanboy circle jerks.

I highly doubt it because there's nothing Terminator fans can say about it, it is an all around better car, no if, ands, or buts. Of course there's 03-04s that can keep up with it but mod for mod they don't stand a chance.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I've never driven a 2013 GT500, but I've driven a 2011 GT. :lol: KSE is right, the platform itself is 100,000X better than what the 03/04 Cobra was built on.

topless10th

Established Member
Im not asking which is faster, just seat of the pants driving impression. The car I sold to get the gt500 was much faster but with compromises.

AAG

Established Member
There is no comparison, the 1979 chasis the Cobra is on is a pos along with the irs. I love Cobras, but the new GT500 is far superior in every category.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol 03-04 Cobra's are not even in the same ballpark as the 13' GT500. Sorry

40calcobra

Established Member

It's a few cobra guys thats a bit off upstairs. It's even a few that thinks a ported eaton is all you need to put a 13 in its place LOL

Users who are viewing this thread